Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Infantry cap

Article about: Hello, guys again , I was also offered (by the same person) an infantry cap. It must be a replica as well. I just want to make it sure before I reply anything to him. I would really apprecia

Mtt
    ?

Default Infantry cap

Hello, guys again ,

I was also offered (by the same person) an infantry cap. It must be a replica as well. I just want to make it sure before I reply anything to him.

I would really appreciate your help again.

Thank you.

Mtt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Infantry cap   Infantry cap  

Infantry cap   Infantry cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Infantry cap
    P
    Many

Hello,
    This headgear is genuine, but not a specific Infanterie cap, this is a standard Feldmütze 42 modified with the addition of a visor, to make it look like an Einheitsfeldmütze that was adopted in June 1943. Trapezoid is a replacement...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

RTH
    ?

Hi,
    Sorry not my thread or anything, but just for the record, could you clarify what you mean about the visor being added. Do you mean that it was added period or added recently to 'upgrade' the cap to something rarer or more expensive? Just interested for my personal archive of information.
    Many thanks

Quote by RTH View Post
    Hi,
    Sorry not my thread or anything, but just for the record, could you clarify what you mean about the visor being added. Do you mean that it was added period or added recently to 'upgrade' the cap to something rarer or more expensive? Just interested for my personal archive of information.
    Many thanks

Hello,
    My Bad, i should have written : this is a standard Feldmütze 42 period modified with the addition of a visor...etc....a very common practice for german soldiers who had been issued with an "ugly" Feldmütze 42. When later the Einheitsfeldmütze was adopted, many Feldmützen 42 were modified this way...

I perfectly remember that no one was interested in them in the past (80s-90s), everyone was looking for an Einheitsfeldmütze...I bought mine (modified one) in the late 90s as i couldn't afford the next type...and bought a "normal" Feldmütze 42 quite recently...but got a fair amount of Einheitsfeldmützen in between these two "M42"....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

RTH
    ?

Ah I see. Thank you very much, learn something new everyday.

?

So true, not an attractive cap then or now for that matter. It certainly feels like they forgot something during the manufacturing process. Here is my M42....

Infantry cap

Infantry cap
    Regards, Al

Mtt
    ?

Mtt
    ?

Hi,

Thank you for the clarification, it is clear now what you meant!
    How much do you think it worths (the seller asked for EUR 800).

Mtt

Quote by Mtt View Post
    Hi,

Thank you for the clarification, it is clear now what you meant!
    How much do you think it worths (the seller asked for EUR 800).

Mtt
    Hello,
    In my opinion, 800 euro is way too much for this Feldmütze. It is not an Einheitsfeldmütze after all.....and the cap did not retain the original insignia. Feldmützen 42 did not receive trapezoids. Insignia should be with two separate pieces or a T-shaped one...
    If i wanted to sell this cap, i would offer it for around 500 euro, but that's only my opinion, everyone can ask what they want...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

Mtt
    ?

Hi, thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate it.