Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe Tropical Caps

Article about: I am currently visiting here in the UK on a business trip. I got to chatting with a client about my passion for collecting. By coincidence he has a retired uncle who also collects and is sta

Default Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe Tropical Caps

I am currently visiting here in the UK on a business trip. I got to chatting with a client about my passion for collecting. By coincidence he has a retired uncle who also collects and is starting to sell some of his collection.
    He was kind enough to let me visit and take pics to show on the forum.

The Kriegsmarine cap is marked “Franz Ritter vorm Carl Roth, Dettingen”.

The Luftwaffe cap has a faint stamp on the lining.

I am unsure of the authenticity of the hats.

They certainly have the “old” smell to them, same as my DAK pith helmets and other ww2 textiles.

Apologies for the inverted image. Would be grateful for any insight.

JB
    Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe Tropical Caps

Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe Tropical CapsKriegsmarine and Luftwaffe Tropical CapsKriegsmarine and Luftwaffe Tropical CapsKriegsmarine and Luftwaffe Tropical CapsKriegsmarine and Luftwaffe Tropical CapsKriegsmarine and Luftwaffe Tropical Caps

Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe Tropical CapsKriegsmarine and Luftwaffe Tropical CapsKriegsmarine and Luftwaffe Tropical CapsKriegsmarine and Luftwaffe Tropical Caps

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe Tropical Caps
    P
    Many

?

Can't comment on the Luftwaffe cap itself but the insignia look bad!

Regards, Tobias

Hello,
    To me the Kriegsmarine cap looks good and the Luftwaffe one is a reproduction made to deceive...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Thanks for the feedback Sensei and JPhilip.
    Agree, the Ritter Kriegsmarine cap looks good, but the Luftwaffe cap just isn’t right. The LW cap has embroidery that I haven’t seen in an original. Also the eyelets look repro.