Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine Officer's Schirmmütze on eBay

Article about: I don't know if anybody has seen this yet, but there is what looks to be a Kriegsmarine Officer's Visor for sale on eBay. I have been watching it for about 2 days now. I still can't come to

Default Kriegsmarine Officer's Schirmmütze on eBay

I don't know if anybody has seen this yet, but there is what looks to be a Kriegsmarine Officer's Visor for sale on eBay. I have been watching it for about 2 days now. I still can't come to the conclusion if it is legit or not. What worries me the most is the visor strap, I have never seen a strap made out of this type of material on a cap before. It looks to me to be similar to a Staff grade or Company grade kriegs visor. There are a few details that seem to be off, I am eager to see what the experts think. The pictures of the visor look much clearer on the actual listing. Also, the seller told me that he is including the eagle insignia when it sells. He only took it off to make it eBay friendly. There is a 2 week money back guarantee just to let you guys know. I've posted some pictures of the visor as well as a link to the listing. Check it out before time is up.

Link:
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Kriegsmarine Officer's Schirmmütze on eBayKriegsmarine Officer's Schirmmütze on eBay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Officer's Schirmmütze on eBay
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Kriegsmarine Officer's Schirmmütze on eBay

Its bad. The peak embroidery is wrong, the chinstrap is modern as, it appears, is the wreath/cockade. Could be a re-worked Buindesmarine cap, but more likely just a straightforward fake.

That's enough for me to stay away from it. Thanks for your help.

I'd save your money.

cheers

tony