Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Luft tropical side cap.

Article about: This cap looks OK to me except the new like condition. I know these are highly faked. I have look through Gary Wilkins book and the forum and I'm not seeing anything besides the condition an

?

Default Luft tropical side cap.

This cap looks OK to me except the new like condition. I know these are highly faked. I have look through Gary Wilkins book and the forum and I'm not seeing anything besides the condition and possibly how clear the makers mark is. I know this maker used tan for the inside of the cap. Also I can't tell from photos if it is hand stitched. I believe it should be.

Please look at the photos and let me know what you think.

Tim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luft tropical side cap.   Luft tropical side cap.  

Luft tropical side cap.   Luft tropical side cap.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luft tropical side cap.
    P
    Many

?

Digging through forums I think this may be a contested one. If I read correctly and observe correctly possibly some issues with makers mark.

?

Really, that's surprising to me. I've seen many Berolina caps like this for sale and I always assumed they're were good. I see no issues with it but hopefully someone like Bob Lyons can have a look see.

I'm going to edit my original assertion because I found this identical one being offered and it was withdrawn. Indicting it was found to be contested. I would have been fooled

https://www.virtualgrenadier.com/sale_item.php?iid=5072
    Regards, Al

?

If my reading is correct the 9 is wrong. But it was a long thread on wehrmacht awards I read through.

Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

If that link works. Kinda have to read through it and then come to your own decision on if you think it is period.

Tim

?

Tim, I see your point. It's not definitive but now there's enough doubt to look elsewhere. I'm glad I saw this thread as I was considering buying a similar one.

WW2 German 1 | Nomans Land Militaria
    Regards, Al

?

Me too. Teamwork.