MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe officer's visor cap

Article about: Hi guys I am thinking about purchasing this Luftwaffe officer's visor cap, but just want to get a few thoughts before doing so. This is coming from the Collector's Guild and they state that

?

Default Luftwaffe officer's visor cap

Hi guys

I am thinking about purchasing this Luftwaffe officer's visor cap, but just want to get a few thoughts before doing so. This is coming from the Collector's Guild and they state that this visor cap was a private purchase. The visor is constructed of leather and they are also confident that the metal EM/NCO eagle was placed on during the period. What are your thoughts on it?

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe officer's visor cap   Luftwaffe officer's visor cap  

Luftwaffe officer's visor cap   Luftwaffe officer's visor cap  

Luftwaffe officer's visor cap   Luftwaffe officer's visor cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe officer's visor cap
    P
    Many

?

Looks like a good LW visor IMO. Wait for other comments though.

?

This is a queer one - the exterior looks quite good. As to the interior, there are some issues there.
    Here are some original Alkeros:

Luftwaffe OR/NCO schirmmütze with light green piping

Luftwaffe Air Traffic Control Visor cap

Luftwaffe visor cap

and here is a post-war Alkero which acts as a LW cap:

Luftwaffe Schirmmütze made by Pekuro - your opinions ?

I'm afraid this is an "improved" (the leather peak [which would make it a very rare specimen] and blackened [?] centerband) post-war Berlin police cap. Alkero did make caps prior to 1945, this specimen, as far as I can see (any better pics of the interior - particularly of the sweatshield? and the seam of the sweatband in the area of the peak?) from these pictures alone I can't give a final verdict (there is one detail [which I can't see clearly in these pics] which I won't elaborate on in order not to further fakers which puts me off strongly).

I agree-that is a postwar Alkero logo, down to the "Deutsches B-Patent" inscription. (lining is also upside down).
    I would pass on the hat.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    I agree-that is a postwar Alkero logo, down to the "Deutsches B-Patent" inscription. (lining is also upside down).
    I would pass on the hat.
    I avoided to mention the patent matter - didn't want to make it too easy to fakers.

?

Cheers for the heads up guys, will let this one pass for sure!

?

Quote by Kiwi74 View Post
    Cheers for the heads up guys, will let this one pass for sure!
    It would still be interesting to have it in hand for a close inspection whether it is completely post war or just the lining - but who would put a post-war lining (and even more so upside down) in an original cap? Anyway, no serious collector would want a cap that was messed about with in such a way.

?

@ErWeSa Exactly mate, not worth it if you're investing the amount of money these things ask for and of course for the historical accuracy. I guess even the best dealers can be caught out sometimes with these items, will let it pass. I have my eyes on another one which I might consider, will post some pictures up soon

Plastic diamond....I would pass