Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Visor cap - original insignia.

Article about: Hey. I have doubts, 2 caps, diamonds are different on two caps, are both original? 2. one cap has a stamp of the manufacturer, the other without a stamp 3. why on the skin one cap has no tee

?

Default Luftwaffe Visor cap - original insignia.

Hey. I have doubts, 2 caps, diamonds are different on two caps, are both original?

2. one cap has a stamp of the manufacturer, the other without a stamp

3. why on the skin one cap has no teeth damage, 2 cap has a saw?

4. the thread distance is completely different

5. eagle and cockade are different

Explain to me, please, why there is one firm and such a big difference in all the details? is one of the caps fake? A tall diamond is a fake. I read a thread about fakes, you say that a diamond of an irregular shape is an indicator of a fake. here the diamond is irregular. Why is there no manufacturer stamp.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Visor cap - original insignia.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Visor cap - original insignia.
    P
    Many

Don’t sweat the small inconsistencies. Both look WW2 Period to me, both are fine imho.

?

Litto (short for Littomericzky) was a comparatively small cap maker in Vienna. I don't know how many employees he had. As these caps were hand made (Litto was none of the big factories) there were differences in every cap. These cap makers bought the Garnituren (sweatbands, sweat shields, visors/peaks etc.) from other companies specialized in these. So they were many possibilities of different sweatbands etc. depending on from which company the cap maker got his parts. The same is true for the insignia.
    To me both caps seem O. K. from these pictures, they are typical for Litto, the period and a small(er) maker who didn't/couldn't standardize his products as much as big cap factories did.
    Another feature of Littos is the gaberdine fabric (instead of tricot/eskimo etc.).

Why is there an RZM stamp on one??
    "Per Ardua"

?

I don't know when Litto made this cap (later in the war anything suitable was used) or whether he cared at all using party material for LW caps, anyway the stamp L 10 for Mützenzutaten fits. See here (post # 7):

Need help in locating list of "L" series RZM manufacturer's of SA/SS scabbard strap ring hangers. or here:

RZM Leather Belt Markings

I agree, both visors are good.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Interestingly, Hartman has a very similar cap to the Litto model and a thick silver cord. Look at the officer's cap next to Hartman. His cap has a thin cord
    Cap of Hartman's style
    I don't like the material of the sweat band, a natural skin is better, but I like the cap. I looked under the eagle, I see that the color of the material is more new. The sun did not damage the colour of original material.