Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Luftwaffe Visor Hat genuine or fake

Article about: Tropical Luftwaffe officers hat by “Erel Sonder Klasse” looks genuine the wear looks natural and the Luftwaffe bullion patch looks good as I have another bullion patch with the same cons

?

Default Luftwaffe Visor Hat genuine or fake

Tropical Luftwaffe officers hat by “Erel Sonder Klasse” looks genuine the wear looks natural and the Luftwaffe bullion patch looks good as I have another bullion patch with the same construction.

Dennis

Luftwaffe Visor Hat genuine or fakeLuftwaffe Visor Hat genuine or fakeLuftwaffe Visor Hat genuine or fake

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Luftwaffe Visor Hat genuine or fake
    P
    Many

Stig, sorry to say, the whole thing is fake from top to bottom.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Thanks for your reply, your probably right but it seems to be a rather good reproduction the wear and weathering of the cap is quite impressive. I have seen replicas advertised by expert militaria reproduction individuals who make such items to order, this Luftwaffe hat was more than likely made by such a person nice work.

Dennis

Stig, I have to respectfully disagree--it is a common repro w/ artificial aging, and Paki insignia.

Compare with this original Erel:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Visor Hat genuine or fake   Luftwaffe Visor Hat genuine or fake  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

TWS
    ?

The two glaring tells are the terrible sweat shield logo and the actual visor portion.

Those are at first glance. Then at second glance, the material of the cap itself.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

I agree with stonemint 100% - this is a mass produced reproduction with cheap (although hand embroidered) insignia - if you have other ones like this they are most likely also reproduction. The originals all were embroidered around a "Unterlage" - a cardboard that helped the persons to make these insignia and that caused a 3-d impression (not the flat thing we see here). Furthermore almost all the white LW-caps had detachable tops made from marcella fabric - there are a few made of gabardine but these are the exception to the rule. All those made with a non-detatchable top (at least those I know) were made of woollen fabric (Abzeichentuch). So this is not "a rather good reproduction" - with respectful disagreement. It is just a cheap reproduction that was artificially aged by puring tea/coffee/dirt on it. Neither the piping nor the visor/peak nor the sweathield or the sweatband comes near the original (ErEl sweatbands were very sophisticated - they avoided forehead pressure and overheating by their patented air-vent system and very hard to copy).

The piece of paper with the 59 says it all.

?

Where is this for sale? Regimental?

I agree with the comments above... bad all the way...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Luftwaffe Visor Hat genuine or fake  

?

Hello Fake

Roger 6