Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M43 cap

Article about: Hello, please gentlemen I need your help in this case. I've got this cap from a friend of mine - he found it with a lot of old clothes in old house. Do you think that this item has a chance

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Hello,
    To me this cap is junk, made to deceive collectors. Except for the general shape, everything is wrong here, it lacks some important basic features. Stitchings only are a disaster, in terms of quality and of placement. It's useless to tell about the rest of wrong features, they're obvious for who know a bit about Einheitsfeldmützen.
    This cap has no place in collectors' hands, but in reenactors' ones...
    Thanks
    Agree with all points JP has posted - and JP knows his stuff. A quick look at the "wool" material alone shows this one to be bad.

Einheitsfeldmützen are a favorite of mine to collect and study. To the OP, please feel free to have a look at the link below for one of my caps that I think is a very good, very standard "textbook" example of an M43. I think you'll be able to pick out many differences immediately just in the material, construction and general shape alone. This site is a wealth of knowledge, and you'll find many good pictures of examples to study. Good luck.

-DF

Einheitsfeldmütze - My Newest Cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M43 cap
    P
    Many

Hello, thanks for helping and your opinions - now I'm not sure, that my friend found this cap lie in between old clothes ... lg Hannes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2