Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

need thoughts on Police Visor

Article about: Hello, This police visor has come up. The material and badges look good to me, however.....has anyone else seen inside construction like this? the sweatband is sewn directly onto the body. T

Default need thoughts on Police Visor

Hello, This police visor has come up. The material and badges look good to me, however.....has anyone else seen inside construction like this? the sweatband is sewn directly onto the body. The fact there is no heat shield, I suspect this could just be a cheaper construction method. The maker is a legit maker, however the font of the "3" is different from known examples, however, all those that I found also have heat shields and its possible they used different fonts for different value hats. the visor itself appears to have age and proper cracking to it. any thoughts are welcome
    Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need thoughts on Police Visor   need thoughts on Police Visor  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement need thoughts on Police Visor
    P
    Many

?

This wants to be a very rare police Feldmütze alter Art - that's why there is no sweatshield. IMHO it is, however, an artificially aged Janke copy. The visor/peak would give it away at once - what's the cover of the upper side - i. e. is it covered (by lacquer) at all?

here is a pic of the front and peak. its difficult to say if it was covered in lacquer.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture need thoughts on Police Visor  

Yes, Wolfgang is correct--it is a fake.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

I have to correct myself: on first glance I thought of a Janke copy. The outside of the cap (shape, fabric, visor/peak) is, however, not typical for Janke.

So I took a closer look at the cap this time, and I have to maintain: a copy. You have mentioned it yourself: the maker-stamp gives it away! Won't go into detail but there are some flaws a non German speaker might overlook (the "3" is one of them).

Oops, Chris was quicker than I again!

Thanks guys....I had that feeling. Just wanted to confirm.

Wasnt this at the 2021 SOS?

no idea as this hat isn't mine. I just came across it for sale and it just didn't look right.

Avoid Gunbroker at all costs when it comes to visor caps--it is a dumping ground for fakes, and if the caps are real, they are overpriced junkers.