Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

New arrival: Panzergrenadier Visor Cap

Article about: This one came in just a couple days ago. I saw it and thought a late example would compliment my earlier produced one that I've had for years. All collectors know how we use various "lo

MAP
    ?

Well. You needed to be able to look at it on your shelf and be happy with it. Sure it was a tough decision that you thought long and hard about.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New arrival:  Panzergrenadier Visor Cap
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Well. You needed to be able to look at it on your shelf and be happy with it. Sure it was a tough decision that you thought long and hard about.
    It actually looked great up on the shelf. The deciding factor was community acceptance should I ever want to sell or trade it. I felt pretty confident the modifications were period, but sadly I felt that most other collectors would not be comfortable with it. A couple highly-experienced, older friends agreed that such modifications were done during the war but also agreed that with the current obsession with "text book" items the cap might be really hard to move if I ever tired of it. Basically only the highly-advanced collectors that have been around long enough and handled enough caps would be the small number who would understand and accept the cap. Very small market.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Please for confirmation Check under the pipe with your nail...

TWS
    ?

Quote by Waffen94 View Post
    Please for confirmation Check under the pipe with your nail...
    The cap has already been returned to the seller. What did you want me to check for? I can probably still answer your question.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

well...all is ok !

?

Just for comparison there is a very similar cap on sale here (same prefabricated piping etc.) with the bottom/sweatband etc. (front seam oft the centerband) as one would expect (perhaps someone wants to upload the pictures which are under i.p. in Europe):

http://www.military-antiques-stockho...oducts_id=6746

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4