Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New M43 Feldmütze - Need Opinions, Please!

Article about: Hi again, friends. I've just received this in the mail, and I'd like for you to please have a look. I really need some opinions on this one. The condition is excellent - but is it too excell

Default New M43 Feldmütze - Need Opinions, Please!

Hi again, friends. I've just received this in the mail, and I'd like for you to please have a look. I really need some opinions on this one. The condition is excellent - but is it too excellent? Or maybe I'm just used to my more well worn examples of headgear... A few notes about the cap:

• It passes the smell test - I've got dozens of wool garments, hats, feldblusen, greatcoats, etc. - and this has the same "antique" smell.

• The trapezoid looks authentic to me, and appears to be stitched using the common method of stitching across the top then folding down.

• The placement of stitching and double-stitching looks correct, I think...

• Overall shape/proportions and construction look very good, and don't appear to differ from my other caps.

• The buttons aren't the more common pebbled type, but I've seen lots of good examples with buttons similar to this.

What do you think?? Did I just happen to land a hardly-worn cap? If it's a fake, it's a damned good one.

Thanks for the help, folks!

New M43 Feldmütze - Need Opinions, Please!New M43 Feldmütze - Need Opinions, Please!
    New M43 Feldmütze - Need Opinions, Please!New M43 Feldmütze - Need Opinions, Please!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New M43 Feldmütze - Need Opinions, Please!
    P
    Many

I've been comparing this cap in great detail to a couple of other positively genuine m43 caps I own, and I really can't find a red flag that stands out. It seems to me that this could be a good cap in great condition. I cannot, however, find out any more detail about the RBNr.

Any helpful soul see anything amiss with this cap that I can't spot, or happen to own another item with the same RBNr.?

Much thanks!
    Last edited by DerFunker; 06-04-2022 at 04:33 AM.

Anyone? Gents? Ladies? It's a difficult one, perhaps...

I'll take some more pictures tomorrow in the sunlight and we'll see if that doesn't make it easier to judge.

Original cap very nice. The RB number is unknown at this time

Quote by oberhaig View Post
    Original cap very nice. The RB number is unknown at this time
    Thank you very much for the feedback, I appreciate the response. I'm pretty convinced of its originality as well. It's easily the nicest Feldmütze I own!