Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinions on Heer Bergmütze please?

Article about: Hi guys! I would like to humbly ask for any opinions on this Heer Bergmütze I recently saw and pulled the trigger on. Based on my own research, I believe it to be a good wartime produced ex

Once again for comparison with my BM by the same maker. The sweat band is sewn and glued in place so a bit different. Inside view of the grommet. I have other photos if you wish to see them. Neil

Opinions on Heer Bergmütze please?Opinions on Heer Bergmütze please?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on Heer Bergmütze please?
    P
    Many

?

It looks very natural to me. The wear over time in the nap of the wool is impossible to replicate artificially. There has always been a reluctance from collectors to comment on these Bergmütze and M43 caps. A testament to how often they are faked. In my opinion it has the right look.

I took your photo and adjusted the contrast and I too can see traces of "(Schreib)er" and "(Goethestra)sse 34". I believe it has the same markings as Neil's

Opinions on Heer Bergmütze please?
    Regards, Al

I think we can confirm Erik has picked up a nicely worn Bergmütze original. When I posted my example back in 2010 there was some skeptics commenting. I guess it was because it was so clean. I purchased it directly from the Schnitzelbaumer family. It belonged to Opa Fritz. I got it along with his Windjacke. I missed getting a second BM with a quilted lining inside - a Winter version. Just didn't have enough cash! Anyway, good pick Erik. Neil

CSW
    ?

Neil: my most sincere apologies for the late reply and thank you so very much for the photos! Your named Bergmütze is an absolute beauty! The sweatband in particular was something I was curious about on your example as mine indeed seems to be a replacement. If you have more photos of your gorgeous cap that you'd like to share here, please feel free to! Perhaps this informative thread could help others in the future as much as it helped me now.

And thanks a ton for your extremely valuable opinion once again Al, I highly appreciate all the effort you both put into helping me out with my cap. Learning from friendly and knowledgeable folks like you really is the best part of the hobby!

Cheers!

A few more photos of my Schreiber cap. This maker really did good work. We're lucky to have these examples.
    Neil

Opinions on Heer Bergmütze please?Opinions on Heer Bergmütze please?Opinions on Heer Bergmütze please?Opinions on Heer Bergmütze please?Opinions on Heer Bergmütze please?

What a great community here in terms of resources & help, sure makes our hobby 'go round ' , beautiful caps indeed
    Paul

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2