Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinons valued

Article about: Suspicious of this cap - been offered it at 125 euros. No expert so wouldn't have the first clue.

Pardon - my point was that this cap has been messed with and as such is not worth pursuing. It does have some value as an original BGS item of course. However, it doesn't meet the collector's criteria and it was right to point that out. Neil

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinons valued
    P
    Many

Guys, the visor that leads off this thread is not BGS--it is West German Police.
    Because of their similarity to WH Jaeger visors, they are often rebadged and sold as period TR (I call them BRD Poseurs).

Here is one in its original setup:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinons valued  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Stonemint - thanks for the clarification! I count myself as one of those who are not well versed in these caps and I appreciate the correction. Neil

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Guys, the visor that leads off this thread is not BGS--it is West German Police.
    Because of their similarity to WH Jaeger visors, they are often rebadged and sold as period TR (I call them BRD Poseurs).

Here is one in its original setup:
    That's what I tried to point out in post # 3, thanks Chris for the final clarification.

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    That's what I tried to point out in post # 3, thanks Chris for the final clarification.
    Wolfgang, missed the pics--you got it right off the bat!

As Wolfgang demonstrates in that post, BGS bands/piping match, while the BRD police visors use more of a WH badgecloth green with medium green piping (perfect for transforming them into Jaeger & GJ visors).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

RTH
    ?

Sorry for my ignorance - as somebody else said, a lot of collectors cannot afford to pay £1000 pounds a month for a WW2 era cap, myself included.

?

Don't call yourself ignorant - you had the right gut feeling. Can't afford to pay unreasonable sums of money for these things either - neither for originals nor for fakes. If you are patient you'll find an original for an acceptable price (what is acceptable after all these days?). Don't choose a rare Waffenfarbe, better take infantry white, the most common for a start - or start with BRD/FRG caps. Very often these have pleasant shapes and were made by makers which had already made caps before May 1945 (see the CeWe cap in this thread). Or go for a reproduction cap, these often are sold for reasonable prices (unless some crook tries to sell them as an original).

RTH
    ?

Thank you. Prices are so high these days - especially for WW2 era stuff. Which doesn't really help because that the area I'm really interested in and can't afford to pay those prices

Quote by RTH View Post
    Thank you. Prices are so high these days - especially for WW2 era stuff. Which doesn't really help because that the area I'm really interested in and can't afford to pay those prices
    If you can't afford TR prices I would suggest that you start looking at the early post war East German militaria. Quality was excellent, and much of the early pattern stuff was quite similar to the wartime uniforms.

Cheers,
    Steve

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2