Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this an Original Heer M43 Field Cap?

Article about: Dear Forum Members, been a while since I’ve posted. I hope everyone is doing well & hopefully we’re near coming out the other side of the current crisis. Today I kindly ask for peopl

Default Is this an Original Heer M43 Field Cap?

Dear Forum Members, been a while since I’ve posted. I hope everyone is doing well & hopefully we’re near coming out the other side of the current crisis.

Today I kindly ask for people’s opinions on the originality of this M43 Field Cap of the Wehrmacht which has been offered to me for sale. Thanks a lot, opinions greatly respected & appreciated. Best wishes to all on War Relics Forum EU. Is this an Original Heer M43 Field Cap?Is this an Original Heer M43 Field Cap?Is this an Original Heer M43 Field Cap?Is this an Original Heer M43 Field Cap?Is this an Original Heer M43 Field Cap?Is this an Original Heer M43 Field Cap?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an Original Heer M43 Field Cap?
    P
    Many

Photos are not great and cannot be expanded. Without better photos and more details such as a closer look at insignia and buttons this would be hard to call. Right now, I am leaning towards original material but newly made cap. I will stand corrected by those with more experience. Neil

?

Hi Neil, I agree there are many original material, newly made m43's in circulation. The danger is that they all look good to the average collector, myself included. There are a few very knowledgeable cap collectors here who can probably steer you right based on the actual construction and stitching but it definitely needs detailed photo's in key areas. I have passed up many M43's just because of this doubt. Hopefully someone will steer you in the right direction. Good luck.
    Al