Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original? WWII NCO’s visor cap of Wehrmacht Artillery

Article about: Dear members an old & worn Artillery visor cap that appears to be on the face of it from WWII period. The condition is not so good but I was wondering about it. Makes it difficult to eva

Default Original? WWII NCO’s visor cap of Wehrmacht Artillery

Dear members an old & worn Artillery visor cap that appears to be on the face of it from WWII period. The condition is not so good but I was wondering about it. Makes it difficult to evaluate when there is no makers logo / markings present. There are however some stamps to the inner sweatband.

Opinions always appreciated & I thank members for helping me to learn more about these items. Photos not the best which I do apologise for in advance. Thanks, Alexander.Original? WWII NCO’s visor cap of Wehrmacht ArtilleryOriginal? WWII NCO’s visor cap of Wehrmacht ArtilleryOriginal? WWII NCO’s visor cap of Wehrmacht ArtilleryOriginal? WWII NCO’s visor cap of Wehrmacht ArtilleryOriginal? WWII NCO’s visor cap of Wehrmacht ArtilleryOriginal? WWII NCO’s visor cap of Wehrmacht Artillery
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original? WWII NCO’s visor cap of Wehrmacht Artillery   Original? WWII NCO’s visor cap of Wehrmacht Artillery  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original? WWII NCO’s visor cap of Wehrmacht Artillery
    P
    Many

Hello,
    I'm not specialized in this kind of headgear, but i see a couple of wrong features here....
    We might have a problem with this one...
    Concerning the markings on the sweatband, i didn't know that there were any Jagdgeschwader in the Wehrmacht Heer...
    Never seen a feature like the one shown by the red arrows
    My advice, run....
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

well at least the MOTHS LIKE IT!

?

As JPhilip said, the sweatband doesn't seem to be original to this cap (markings, empty holes from a previous seam), the front seam seems to have been repaired and the piping seems to have been white for infantry - somebody seems to have tried to tint it red and didn't succeed very well. Better pictures would be essential for further comment.