Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Pre-1945 ALKERO Sweat Diamondsr?

Article about: I'd be grateful for your help as to whether these plain Alkero Logos are Pre-1945 Sweat Diamonds or Postwar... I'm finding that Cloth Headgear Manufacturers make for an interesting study...

Default Pre-1945 ALKERO Sweat Diamondsr?

I'd be grateful for your help as to whether these plain Alkero Logos are Pre-1945 Sweat Diamonds or Postwar...
    I'm finding that Cloth Headgear Manufacturers make for an interesting study...
    thanks, Glenn
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Pre-1945 ALKERO Sweat Diamondsr?   Pre-1945 ALKERO Sweat Diamondsr?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pre-1945 ALKERO Sweat Diamondsr?
    P
    Many

?

These are post-war caps. Only in the rarest of cases did Feldmützen have sweatshields and sweatbands that went all around the inside.

?

I forgot: original sweatshields were made of celluloid/cellophane which is rigid and breaks easily after at least 75 years, and, in case of celluloid, almost explodes when lit. These are plastic sweat diamonds.

Thank You kindly for taking the time to help me out, I really appreciate it...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    I forgot: original sweatshields were made of celluloid/cellophane which is rigid and breaks easily after at least 75 years, and, in case of celluloid, almost explodes when lit. These are plastic sweat diamonds.
    Sorry for being of topic.. But impossible to contact you hence your mailbox is full..
    Was hoping you would take a look at this visor, and perhaps put an idea to a maker...

WH infantry officer visor cap!

I agree with Wolfgang, both are postwar caps.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Quote by Ullergaard View Post
    Sorry for being of topic.. But impossible to contact you hence your mailbox is full..
    Was hoping you would take a look at this visor, and perhaps put an idea to a maker...

WH infantry officer visor cap!
    Thanks for your confidence. I saw and admired the extraordinary (weave, colour of the lining) cap in your post back in 2019 - yet I've no idea who the maker could be - this seems to be one of the generic sweatshields used by several (small) makers - given that the sweatband is sewn in with quite large (hand-sewn) stiches.