Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Waffen SS Feldmmutze: Real or fake?

Article about: I have a chance to purchase my first side cap and it isn’t giving me a good feeling. Looking for the experts help to determine authenticity.

?

Default Waffen SS Feldmmutze: Real or fake?

I have a chance to purchase my first side cap and it isn’t giving me a good feeling. Looking for the experts help to determine authenticity. Waffen SS Feldmmutze: Real or fake?Waffen SS Feldmmutze: Real or fake?Waffen SS Feldmmutze: Real or fake?Waffen SS Feldmmutze: Real or fake?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Feldmmutze: Real or fake?
    P
    Many

I'm not the expert...they will chime in but I think that is a West German hat with way to many fantasy stamps IMO
    "Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth

?

This were my thoughts too, the tag also has xi/75, which I believe means 1975. I would have thought an original would have a stamped makers mark and all.

?

Yeah.. this one is a big no.

You are right about the date.

From other threads I’ve read, the XI/75 = Month and year of production, so this example was made in November 1975.

Here is a similar side cap made by the same company (Bamberger Mutzen industrie).

What is this cap?

?

Terrible fake.

?

Above the name you see this line of digits. That is the NATO Stock Number (NSN). The second group (12) is the Country Code, 12 means it is from West Germany, now Germany again.

The A stamp is from the post-war German Bundeswehr meaning the item being rejected for further service and thus being sold as surplus.

So, more signs that the cap is a fake unfortunately.

CBH
    ?

If your going to spend money on TR headgear, first became a paying member of this forum, which opens up much information regarding headgear. Second buy some books regarding TR headgear, these two actions will save you many hundreds of dollars if you want to collect SS.