Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Real or not ? M43 field cap belonging to the 16th motorized infantry

Article about: Hi, I am thinking about buying this, but not sure about its authenticity. Could you please help figure it out ?Thank you very much.

?

Default Real or not ? M43 field cap belonging to the 16th motorized infantry

Hi, I am thinking about buying this, but not sure about its authenticity. Could you please help figure it out ?Thank you very much.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or not ? M43 field cap belonging to the 16th motorized infantry   Real or not ? M43 field cap belonging to the 16th motorized infantry  

Real or not ? M43 field cap belonging to the 16th motorized infantry   Real or not ? M43 field cap belonging to the 16th motorized infantry  

Real or not ? M43 field cap belonging to the 16th motorized infantry   Real or not ? M43 field cap belonging to the 16th motorized infantry  

Real or not ? M43 field cap belonging to the 16th motorized infantry  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or not ? M43 field cap belonging to the 16th motorized infantry
    P
    Many

?

Btw, how much does a real one cost?
    Last edited by BlitzC; 09-04-2020 at 12:08 AM.

?

I don’t know why got no answers. The main point hesitates me is the interior sweat band, it is popularly said that sweatband is not applied on the enlisted M43, is that true? Then what about this cap? Of course, if there are other uncertain areas, I would be very much appreciated for some one to point it out.

CBH
    ?

It looks like a private purchase Officers M-43 which would explain the sweatband, I'm not well versed in these.
    Also without airtight provenance it would be impossible to know when wolfhound insignia was added.

MAP
    ?

I saw this earlier but did not comment as they are not a strength of mine. I agree with what is said above.

But will add a comment. As an officers, you would expect it to have a two piece bullion insignia. That said, Wilkin's book does show officer examples (one with very high quality wool like the OP's) with this standard trapezoid insignia. Although he does note that this is uncommon.

I will leave it to others to comment on the buttons, which I would have thought would be metal.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thank you both very much.