Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Schiffchen / Feldmuetze

Article about: Hello everyone, My gut feeling and the poor sewing tells me it's a fake but perhaps it's not? Bought it for £125. Only started collecting a few weeks ago... before I found this forum unfort

?

Default Schiffchen / Feldmuetze

Hello everyone,

My gut feeling and the poor sewing tells me it's a fake but perhaps it's not? Bought it for £125. Only started collecting a few weeks ago... before I found this forum unfortunately! What do you think?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schiffchen / Feldmuetze   Schiffchen / Feldmuetze  

Schiffchen / Feldmuetze   Schiffchen / Feldmuetze  

Schiffchen / Feldmuetze   Schiffchen / Feldmuetze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schiffchen / Feldmuetze
    P
    Many

Welcome to the forum.
    Unfortunately, I am not really a cap person but I believe the soutache should not continue around the bottom edge of the cap, it should be cut in through the stitch line before the bottom edge of the cap. The stitching that retains the soutache should not be visible on the inside of the lining.
    I also believe that if the eagle is real, it is a late war example, and should not be on a cap that bears soutache.
    Happy to be corrected.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thank you very much for your reply, Ralph. Yes, I did read that they discontinued the soutaches in mid 1942. Just at the start of my journey and greatly appreciate learning about the little details such as the soutache ending at the stitch line before the bottom edge. Luckily, I will be able to return the cap but might just keep it if there's a market for relatively good replicas such as this one. Best wishes to beautiful Alberta!

TWS
    ?

In the limited photos I already see some details that point to the cap being a reproduction. Sorry.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

?

Thank you Todd. Yes, it for example doesn't have a proper label with the name of the manufacturer. If you have time, I would be interested in the details you have noticed.