Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Schirmmütze for an Offizier der Artillerie

Article about: Hi guys, Here is yet another cap that I am looking at purchasing. I like this one. It looks like a well-made private purchase cap to me. But you are the experts... Can I please get your opin

I've seen an officer visor cap for Panzer troops, and the maker is the same as this one for artillery. But the form of the fabricant label is different. What do you think?

Schirmmütze for an Offizier der ArtillerieSchirmmütze for an Offizier der ArtillerieSchirmmütze for an Offizier der Artillerie

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schirmmütze for an Offizier der Artillerie
    P
    Many

?

The fact that the shape of the sweatshield is different from the one in the OP is no matter of concern, sweatshields came in different shapes and often one the same cap maker used different ones - either to distiguish different models of caps or because regulations changed.
    What is of concern with this cap is the sweatband - as all the stitchholes are empty is is either loose or was glued in (or repaired in another way which I can't see) - check this out if you have it in your hands. Checking the other two caps from this thread the sweatband seems to be a very sophisticated patent: a base to which a strip of felt (?) is sewn and then to this strip a strip of leather - so three parts. In the cap above I can only see 2 (therefore perhaps the empty holes?).

Is this the one you are after or the Pz-officer cap you mentioned above?
    Last edited by ErWeSa; 10-09-2021 at 06:26 PM.

I was reffering this one, exactly. And no, I have not this visor in my hands, it's from a dealer I know, but I'll ask about more info and pictures of the sweatband and it's problem eith that empty holes of the sewing. Many thanks ErWeSa

Here are more pics of the inside of the sweatband

And the exterior.

?

The sweatband is indeed the problem here. It is partly handsewn, partly machine sewn to the cap after it had obviously disintegrated, i. e. the base and the felt strip seem to have been removed/got loose. What is left is the leather part which was resewn to the cap - when this was done I can't say. The machine-sewn part looks rather professionally done. The handsewn part isn't - the stitches are visible on the outside of the leather! Thus the width it reduced and the seam which fixes the lining to the cap is visible.

Awesome, 1000 thanks ErWeSa

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2