Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Artillery cap

Article about: I'd like to ask authentification about the cap on itself. I know the strap is a added reproduction. Is this a early cap or am I wrong on this. thanks in advance..

The visor was Discussed already here

ss artillery Cap - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

I am quite sure The seller know his stuff

Br

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Artillery cap
    P
    Many

There's some holes on the upper part like shown by ErWeSa, but also some othet mothholes. But where the skull was I don't see no other holes..
    So I guess we'll never know if It's has been recycled and used in ww2 by some SS guy?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Artillery cap  

?

My guess is that the holes which were for the original cockade were used for the skull-badge, too, or that perhaps the cokade was one of the specimen which had to be sewn on so that there were no holes.

Here is another common stunt the fakers pull--they take a real Feuerschutzpolizei visor and replace the police inisignia with SS, and voila, SS veterinary visor (and another reason why it is so hard to find black-banded FSP visors to this day):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Artillery cap   SS Artillery cap  

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2