Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Black visor by Erel

Article about: I would like some input on this Erel visor. The cap seems to conform to other blacktops by this maker. The trikot material, interior liner and sweat band look good to me. The visor is a litt

?

Default SS Black visor by Erel

I would like some input on this Erel visor. The cap seems to conform to other blacktops by this maker. The trikot material, interior liner and sweat band look good to me. The visor is a little misshapen causing some folds on the side. The only thing that stands out to me eyes is evidence of a loose or re-stitched visor bill perhaps. anything I might have missed? All opinions and comments are appreciated. Thanks !

SS Black visor by ErelSS Black visor by Erel

Regards, Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Black visor by Erel
    P
    Many

?

These two areas concern me. Any thoughts if this is indicative of a "Frankenstein" cap or just a resewn visor.

SS Black visor by Erel

SS Black visor by Erel
    Regards, Al

Looks rebuilt to me at the front part with the bill attachment. Seeing the visor bill sticking out the way it does tells me that the visor went through a tough time when it was stored. Then taken apart & restitched. Once the bill is distorted they need to be placed in a form to reshape them back to their original configuration and it takes plenty of time for that to happen. I know enough about these to be dangerous but have seen too many where original construction does not have the bill appear in this manner. Also the secondary holes in the bill by the RZM stamp are a concern. I am sure others will express their opinions so you have more to weigh out being involved with this visor.

IMO a fine Orginal visor but ...

In the best way a repaired sweatband

Ore a replaced sweatband.

Look at the shape of the visor. IMO it was bad stored in the past. That’s the reason for the displaced visor (you can see some holes) maybe the thread cracks in the past and that’s the reason for the repair (including the sweatband)

Br

?

Thank you Gentlemen, poor storage would explain a lot. I suppose I will keep looking for a better specimen.
    Regards, Al

?

Hi Al,
    the sweatband seems indeed to be a replacement. Looks like handsewn (very thoroughly done using all the holes). If there is a second line of stiches on the bill/visor then it is clear - can't see it. The sweatband is sewn in quite unevenly - particularly where the RZM tag is (don't know how to express that in English but the material on the inside of the cap is wider there than in other places). The RZM-tag seems to have some empty holes. I think something was done with this cap at some time given.

SS Black visor by Erel

Is there any stamp ore other markings (maybe deutsches Leder)at the Sweatband?
    Br

?

Quote by Christian56789 View Post
    Is there any stamp ore other markings (maybe deutsches Leder)at the Sweatband?
    Br
    None that I can see. These are the website photo's, I don't have the cap in my possession. I was in fact looking for that marking. Here is another Erel cap from my archives with a similar sweatband no markings, courtesy of Kelly Hicks. Perhaps another replaced generic sweatband as well

SS Black visor by Erel
    Regards, Al

?

Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Hi Al,
    the sweatband seems indeed to be a replacement. Looks like handsewn (very thoroughly done using all the holes). If there is a second line of stiches on the bill/visor then it is clear - can't see it. The sweatband is sewn in quite unevenly - particularly where the RZM tag is (don't know how to express that in English but the material on the inside of the cap is wider there than in other places). The RZM-tag seems to have some empty holes. I think something was done with this cap at some time given.

SS Black visor by Erel
    Hello Wolfgang, I see your point. This was an opportunity to purchase a blacktop at a reasonable price sans insignia. Fortunately I have no shortage of skulls and eagles to restore the cap but I prefer an untouched example in any condition over one that has been modified. Thank you for your input. The search continues...
    Regards, Al

The first visor is 37/38er Erel. But this is the time frame where erel used sweatbands with „Deutsches Leder“ markings.

I would be feel more comfortable to see this at the visor.

Br

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast