Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Suspect Reichsmarine Feldgrau Cap

Article about: Picked this up based on the website images but, once in hand, I think it's probably a reworked Stahlhelmbund piece - particularly because of the totally wrong Reichskokarde on the top which,

Default Suspect Reichsmarine Feldgrau Cap

Picked this up based on the website images but, once in hand, I think it's probably a reworked Stahlhelmbund piece - particularly because of the totally wrong Reichskokarde on the top which, upon closer examination, has probably been there for the life of the cap.

Suspect Reichsmarine Feldgrau CapSuspect Reichsmarine Feldgrau Cap

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Suspect Reichsmarine Feldgrau Cap
    P
    Many

The interior looks exactly like this one from another post about questionable Kaiserliche Marine caps (it's shown towards the bottom of the page):

Questionable KlM (Marine) Visors

It looks like the stitching to the lining is ripped below where the insignia are (I didn't want to probe to deeply for fear of damaging a piece I'm probably returning)

It also looks like there may have been another cap badge between the Reichskokarde and the lower insignia (potentially a Stahlhelm one)

One of the parts I like least is the simplistic plain leather visor - it doesn't resemble the visors on either of the other Weimar visor caps I've got (whcih I will share with the forum shortly).

Thanks for any support or refutation of my doubts about this one.

MfG
    Reichsmarine

I think you are correct. I would return it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!