Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Waffen-SS EM/NCO M43 Field Cap

Article about: Hi gents, I found this good-looking SS M43 EM field cap from a highly reputable dealer online. I'm wondering if it's authentic, and if it would be an accurate field cap for display with a op

?

JPhilip, thank you for taking the time to point these features out. I immediately went and checked out out all my Heer and Polizei Einheitsfeldmützen and my Luftwaffe Einheitsfliegermützen and found them to be consistent with what you pointed out. Only one Polizei cap in my collection which I've had some doubt about has some sloppy stitching and extra material inconsistent with all the other caps.

Regards, Al

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-SS EM/NCO M43 Field Cap
    P
    Many

?

?

I feel your pain, we've all been there. Some more than others.
    Regards, Al

?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Don't get me wrong gentlemen, i'm not saying that the example shown in this thread is a fake for sure. I can't guarantee that ALL caps made of italian gabardine were made according to the FULL official specifications. For me, these specifications constitute the base of everything, but were they followed by all makers?, i can't say, surely not.
    I cling to hope, like a drowning man clings to a floating log.

Quote by Aldo View Post
    JPhilip, thank you for taking the time to point these features out. I immediately went and checked out out all my Heer and Polizei Einheitsfeldmützen and my Luftwaffe Einheitsfliegermützen and found them to be consistent with what you pointed out. Only one Polizei cap in my collection which I've had some doubt about has some sloppy stitching and extra material inconsistent with all the other caps.
    Aldo,
    There are still many questions and so few answers. For example, the construction of the area circled in red is unseen on Heer and Luftwaffe caps, but what for Polizei ? i can't say as i've never been interested in Polizei caps and never handled one. Glad to know that all the other ones looks ok.
    Thanks

Last edited by JPhilip; 01-27-2022 at 11:21 AM. Reason: typo

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by Fiore View Post
    I cling to hope, like a drowning man clings to a floating log.

Fiore,
    Is there a stiffener held in place by those stitchings visible on the photos ?
    I'm not talking about the edge of turned in cloth(s), but if it's there you should feel a stronger material than cloth, especially on the edge of it, higher than where the sitchings are.
    I handled several genuine example of both WSS EM/NCOs and Officer caps, but my experience with them is rather limited as i have never been interested in collecting items from them. Apparently there were small differences in the production of the same type of cap for each branch of the armed forces. Usually Luftwaffe caps have less specifications than Heer examples, but for WSS ones ?
    I can't answer, i'm sorry. There are so many other features to see to determine if a cap is ok or not (if we start from the principle that they should be close to those of a Heer one). My goal is not to make our members depressed, i'm just pointing out what looks weird to me.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

regarding the original quote regarding the construction of this pattern of cap the terminology is incorrect. the crown is the top section. the rest of the cap consists of the main body, the peak and the buttoned flap. the illustrated line of stitching is around the main body.

PS crown indicating top of head
    Last edited by prosty zolnierz; 01-27-2022 at 02:03 AM. Reason: grammar

?

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    Aldo,
    There are still many questions and so few answers. For example, the construction of the area circled in red is unseen on Heer and Luftwaffe caps, but what for Polizei ? i can't say as i've never been interested in Polizei caps and never handled one. Glad to know that all the other ones looks ok.
    Thanks

I would like to point out that this Polizei cap that I posted turned out to be a replica meant to deceive. The actual "bill" was constructed around plastic not cardboard. So it would be consistent to say that the unfinished area circled is also an indicator of a copy. An area not intended to be observed by the unwitting.
    Regards, Al

Quote by Aldo View Post
    So it would be consistent to say that the unfinished area circled is also an indicator of a copy. An area not intended to be observed by the unwitting.
    Hello,
    It is true for sure for Heer and Luftwaffe examples. For Kriegsmarine i can't tell but it would be logical. Concerning WSS caps, according to a high end WSS french collector, some originals can have this particular feature (perhaps from productions made in camps). I can't say as i have never seen one, but this is what he said and apparently other WSS collectors did not seem surprised.
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

?

A very real SS cap i once used to own:Waffen-SS EM/NCO M43 Field Cap

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast