Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Treasure or Post War?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • BUY BUY BUY

0 0%
  • RUN AWAY !

0 0%

Waffen-SS. A Panzer EM/NCO's M40 Overseas Cap?

Article about: Please any and all thoughts, evaluations and comments welcomed. I have the opportunity to purchase this cap and it looks authentic to me but I have very limited knowledge so I'm wondering wh

Default Waffen-SS. A Panzer EM/NCO's M40 Overseas Cap?

Please any and all thoughts, evaluations and comments welcomed. I have the opportunity to purchase this cap and it looks authentic to me but I have very limited knowledge so I'm wondering what you guys have to say. Should I run from this or is this truly a quality piece? I know I can't believe the story to be true but the piece looks authentic war issue to me. Idk if $1700 is a steal or a rip off...Waffen-SS. A Panzer EM/NCO's M40 Overseas Cap?Waffen-SS. A Panzer EM/NCO's M40 Overseas Cap?Waffen-SS. A Panzer EM/NCO's M40 Overseas Cap?Waffen-SS. A Panzer EM/NCO's M40 Overseas Cap?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-SS. A Panzer EM/NCO's M40 Overseas Cap?
    P
    Many

Garbage insignias

Please, follow prior advice and ignore this seller entirely. Their collection of items, as shown thus far, consists entirely of outright fakes or original items that have been played with postwar. This seller is not one I would recommend you pursue further, as I suspect you will only find more fake/repro rubbish, with bogus stories tacked on in an attempt to entice.

Regards, B.B.

Unhappy

... and only the cap without insgnias is also a postwar repro?
    lg Hannes

Quote by hannes2109 View Post
    ... and only the cap without insgnias is also a postwar repro?
    lg Hannes
    For sure insignia are fake , for me I will forget this cap and seller story

Alpha--who is the guilty party selling this junk?

Reminds me of what I called the "Old Salts" back in the 1970s--fat bald guys in their 50s with food stains on their shirts pushing junk on unsuspecting kids (with a nice BS write-up on each piece, just like this one):
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen-SS. A Panzer EM/NCO's M40 Overseas Cap?  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

CBH
    ?

No Tanks.

TWS
    ?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Alpha--who is the guilty party selling this junk?

Reminds me of what I called the "Old Salts" back in the 1970s--fat bald guys in their 50s with food stains on their shirts pushing junk on unsuspecting kids (with a nice BS write-up on each piece, just like this one):
    That index card reads like a Charlie Snyder story. I don't recall Charlie being fat and I encountered him in the late 80's/early 90's, but really same same.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Whomever the seller is they are definately mentally unhinged. How can you make up a story like that for an obvious fake. And on top of all that keep a clear conscience.