Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Waffen-SS yellow-piped officer visor - real ?

Article about: Hi everyone! What can you tell me about this visor? Any chance to be real? Thank you very much for your answers!

My friend Heinz v. Hungen, a fine collector, who began in the 1930s, had a signals Waffen SS peaked cap more than forty years ago, a battered thing, which has long since vanished.

I owned two "colored pipes," one of which made its way to the senior collector Paul Sack, and which was memorialized in his picture book.

I dumped both of these caps out of disgust at the endless fights about such objects.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-SS yellow-piped officer visor - real ?
    P
    Many

?

Peter Jenkins also has one, at a reduced price.

Quote by Patrick Lewis View Post
    Peter Jenkins also has one, at a reduced price.
    Well, you should have scooped that one up.

?

It looks like it's in consignment. If I had $8500 I might consider it! But alas my collecting budget is 500$ for the SOS show. Who knows, I might get lucky

It looks like it's in consignment. If I had $8500 I might consider it! But alas my collecting budget is 500$ for the SOS show. Who knows, I might get lucky
    Yes, indeed he does. That makes three. I am sure there are more, and if you make on down to the good ole' Show of Shows, they are likely to be falling into aisles. And they will cost less, too.

This video will prepare you for this cultural experience.

Wittmann Antique Militaria Show Journal - OVMS Show of Shows - YouTube

it's just a Frankenstein cap with bad insignas...not more...the ss colored caps are impossible to find in the true life...

?

I agree Seba, I only know of two or three ss coloured piped caps. (Three if I am correct in thinking Bob Coleman has an example)
    But then there is the ss signals cap that is probably a Frankenstein. Some like it, some don't.

The chances of me finding an ss cap in my budget.... Well I guess stranger things have happened.

Waffen-SS yellow-piped officer visor - real ?Waffen-SS yellow-piped officer visor - real ?Waffen-SS yellow-piped officer visor - real ?Waffen-SS yellow-piped officer visor - real ?Waffen-SS yellow-piped officer visor - real ?Waffen-SS yellow-piped officer visor - real ?
    I agree Seba, I only know of two or three ss coloured piped caps. (Three if I am correct in thinking Bob Coleman has an example)
    But then there is the ss signals cap that is probably a Frankenstein. Some like it, some don't.

The chances of me finding an ss cap in my budget.... Well I guess stranger things have happened.
    When the time is right, and you still care enough to assign the treasure and time, then you will secure an SS cap.

Such has been the case for most of us, and we old fossils will transfer all of this to whomever.

And I am reasonably confident that a new generation will find this issue as compelling as we did when we were your age--

all lamentations to the contrary notwithstanding.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 02-03-2014 at 06:19 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2