Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WH -GS uniform to match stonemints thread

Article about: Saw this stunning tunic this weekend, it matches stonemints thread on General staff schrimmutzes.

Red face WH -GS uniform to match stonemints thread

Saw this stunning tunic this weekend, it matches stonemints thread on General staff schrimmutzes.WH -GS uniform to match stonemints threadWH -GS uniform to match stonemints threadWH -GS uniform to match stonemints threadWH -GS uniform to match stonemints threadWH -GS uniform to match stonemints threadWH -GS uniform to match stonemints threadWH -GS uniform to match stonemints threadWH -GS uniform to match stonemints thread

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WH -GS uniform to match stonemints thread
    P
    Many

?

That is a real beauty.

Wow. Very nice

?

Nice looking tunic, but I am curious as to why the collar tabs are gold, not silver?

BobS

WH -GS uniform to match stonemints threadWH -GS uniform to match stonemints threadWH -GS uniform to match stonemints threadWH -GS uniform to match stonemints thread[QUOTE=BobS;1195064]Nice looking tunic, but I am curious as to why the collar tabs are gold, not silver?

Hi Bob, that's an interesting question, but I do not know the answer, perhaps a question for the forum,
    Attached are a few pics of the original thread by Stonemint along with a pic of a similar tunic with gilt collar tabs and another pic with silver tabs. Things like this keeps things interesting.
    The original tunic can be seen on a site called MCB militaria

Quote by BobS View Post
    Nice looking tunic, but I am curious as to why the collar tabs are gold, not silver?
    Because it is actually not a uniform for a member of the Generalstab:

Collar patches in this particular pattern of embroidery (Kolbenstickerei) were worn both by officers of the Führerstab/Generalstab and by officers permanently assigned to the Reichswehr-/Reichskriegsministerium or the OKW and OKH. Branch color for all of those groups was carmine.

The difference was in the color of the collar patch embroidery: Officers of the Führerstab/Generalstab had silver/aluminum embroidery; officers of the RWM/RKM, OKW or OKH had gold embroidery. This is what we see here.

nicely explain HPL.

Was the owner Major/Oberstleutnant von Uslar-Gleichen?