Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

What do you guys think about this Heer Pith Helmet?

Article about: I'm looking at buying this Pith helmet and Goggles set, and would like to get some opinions. Aside from the missing "cap" on the peak of the helmet, what do you guys think? Is this

?

Default What do you guys think about this Heer Pith Helmet?

I'm looking at buying this Pith helmet and Goggles set, and would like to get some opinions. Aside from the missing "cap" on the peak of the helmet, what do you guys think? Is this a good helmet (and googles for that matter)?

Thanks!
    Dzyner

What do you guys think about this Heer Pith Helmet?What do you guys think about this Heer Pith Helmet?What do you guys think about this Heer Pith Helmet?What do you guys think about this Heer Pith Helmet?What do you guys think about this Heer Pith Helmet?What do you guys think about this Heer Pith Helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What do you guys think about this Heer Pith Helmet?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: What do you guys think about this Heer Pith Helmet?

To me it looks like a nice JHS Heer pith with a general sign of wear which is expected, the decals look very clean which could be a sign of replacement, but they look authentic, the crown piece could be a problem i doubt if you will find one very easily, but you could be lucky, all in all not bad depending on the price

?

Thanks for the reply davejb. The price is around $225. Do you think that's a good price considering the topper is missing? What about the goggles? What is the value on those (roughly)?

?

Cant be sure of the goggles dont really know enough about the different types or values but $225 equates roughly to £115 approx here which isnt too bad, although you might be able to haggle a bit over the price re the missing piece

goggles are of the disposable type issued to all arms and can be bought in the original paper packet for around $AU15 if you look wisely

?

thats a good price i think if you realy like it? maybe ask if they would take $200 ..? i like it. but like dave said the top might be a problom if you go to re-sell unless it does not bother you or you have one? thanks for showing it .

An original Heer 2nd pattern tropenhelm, price is ok and the goggles are very cheap to buy. You can get a repro dome vent cover on ebay if you cant find a real one.

I'd lis'n to Pammy....if you're going to resell this pit the missing dome would detract a lot...these felt piths aren't rare by any means and for a little more dough you can get a complete helmet that will either be more rewarding to your eyes or be easier to resell at a later date!
    HTH*
    Manny

?

Always; go with quality, completeness and condition. A common item is very hard to sell if it is not near perfect or dirt cheap. A difficult and costly lesson for many collectors - myself included