Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?

Article about: Hello, all. Wanted to share some photos of a visor I've had in storage for some years. I tend to gravitate towards items that look like they have an interesting story/history and I thought t

Default WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?

Hello, all. Wanted to share some photos of a visor I've had in storage for some years. I tend to gravitate towards items that look like they have an interesting story/history and I thought this one fit that description when I purchased it. I'd love to hear the collective POV of this experienced group. It presents as a Gebirgsjäger Mountain Troop Officer Visor but I believe the GJ edelweiss was added later (let me know if you all agree). Someone, who knows visors, shared that this visor has dyed piping and that most dye jobs are from white to mechanized green when units were converted to Pz Gren status. He stated that this visor has administrative green color. Who would change infantry white to admin/Verwaltung dark green? He said if it was period done a wounded officer who got a transfer (desk job?). What does this group think? Is it legit? And if so, what does a visor in this condition go for these days? Thank you in advance for all your help.

WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?   WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?  

Last edited by Commander; 03-21-2020 at 06:34 PM. Reason: More photos...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII German Visor - Real or Fake?
    P
    Many

Insignas are original....seems to be alter art, I need more interior pic...

Uploaded more photos for you and other to take a look, Waffen94. Thank you.

?

The basis seems to be original, yet there are lots of heavy (supposedly) post-war repairs. What concerns the colour of the piping - be it GJ, Jäger, Beamter etc. is hard do determine (try to get a look of the original colour of the the piping from the inside - at the back of the cap where the lining joins it should be possible to have a look at the "guts" of the cap and there you could see the original colour ot the fabric the piping was made of) and compare it to originals.

Thank you, ErWeSa. I'll look into the guts of it and will see if I can get some photos to share tomorrow. I appreciate your knowledge share. Hope you're well.

?

I quite like the look of it!

Talk about a '50 Mission crush'!!

It's so beat that it has to be original.

MAP
    ?

I like it too. I would think those are war time repairs. Impossible to prove but I see no reason they wouldn't be.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)