Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WWII period Artillery cap? Nice looking cap, decent pics.

Article about: This one looks good, but of course, so do many repros or post war reworks... Any input on this one appreciated, not holding my breath (dubious in fact), but hopeful. Thx in advance ;-)

Default WWII period Artillery cap? Nice looking cap, decent pics.

This one looks good, but of course, so do many repros or post war reworks... Any input on this one appreciated, not holding my breath (dubious in fact), but hopeful.

Thx in advance ;-)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII period Artillery cap? Nice looking cap, decent pics.
    P
    Many

hi

your instincts are correct...it is not the real thing ! Repro IMO.

Hope this helps.

cheers

Tony

Well darn... that's one thumbs down, I guess I'll wait for a few more... ;-(

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

WWII period Artillery cap? Nice looking cap, decent pics.WWII period Artillery cap? Nice looking cap, decent pics.WWII period Artillery cap? Nice looking cap, decent pics.WWII period Artillery cap? Nice looking cap, decent pics.WWII period Artillery cap? Nice looking cap, decent pics.WWII period Artillery cap? Nice looking cap, decent pics.WWII period Artillery cap? Nice looking cap, decent pics.WWII period Artillery cap? Nice looking cap, decent pics.a stinker.

- - ------- - -

Once more, we have so many images of authentic caps. Do go look at them. Look for the key word....'authentic' in the thread heading.....

“Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Mr Mint has a done a fine, admirable job with these, but, I think, part of the problem lies in the prominence of place of the fakes or the quasi fake versus the authentic items in our wonderful site. That is, the person in search of authentication should get confronted with the real ones first. The order of clicks needs improvement, and I am not the person to understand the human mind/machine/fake cap interface more than my 19,000 posts suggest.....

That's my view of the thing.

We need some mechanism for the beginner with the clear, step-by-step practikum of how to get to the trove of the real caps.

I leave it to Dimas or Adrian to noodle it out, but it is a real problem here, since Mr. Mint has done such a huge service to dozens of people per week who come here

with the same question.

Also, the person who posts a dumb a$$ fake cap should then pay for the advice he or she gets here from the centuries of collected wisdom and the enormous expense in time
    offered by some of us. Some of us spend a chunk of every waking hour organizing all of this, and it is not a public good.

I.e. you have question about a fake cap and you have no experience? ergo, go to place A. and look at real cap; then to place B, where you place your query, with no hectoring from the peanut gallery ; C. receive expert advice from world renowned expert; D. Pay .05% of value of cap to website; E.) endure cutting and hurtful comments from others about your query, with opt out function, F. decide whether to collect Nazi caps, Pez containers, or lunch boxes......

If, after twenty four hours, you are seized by Nazi caps again, repeat procedure, or seek twelve step program for spiritual uplift, to include painting and drawing classes in Italian renaissance. No swastikas allowed.

Needless to say, this procedure failed in my case.

WWII period Artillery cap? Nice looking cap, decent pics.WWII period Artillery cap? Nice looking cap, decent pics.WWII period Artillery cap? Nice looking cap, decent pics.WWII period Artillery cap? Nice looking cap, decent pics.WWII period Artillery cap? Nice looking cap, decent pics.WWII period Artillery cap? Nice looking cap, decent pics.WWII period Artillery cap? Nice looking cap, decent pics.WWII period Artillery cap? Nice looking cap, decent pics.The monument to my failed twelve step program....

This thread should come first, somehow, and then the dozens of debatable ones should come some other way, somehow....

I am not sure how to configure it, but the present arrangement is set up more for those of us in the know, which is not the majority.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/guide...ch-visor-hats/

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast