Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Trench engraved spoon with a possible story

Article about: Hello, I recently bought this spoon, I was inspecting the engravings when i saw a date. The date on the spoon was 14 of June 1941. That was a few days before Barbarossa . However I could dec

?

Default Trench engraved spoon with a possible story

Hello, I recently bought this spoon, I was inspecting the engravings when i saw a date. The date on the spoon was 14 of June 1941. That was a few days before Barbarossa . However I could not decifer the name, I’ll keep you updated with my finds about the original engraver. Raul

Trench engraved spoon with a possible story
    Last edited by Raul; 08-20-2020 at 04:51 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Trench engraved spoon with a possible story
    P
    Many

Very nice and interesting. Curious to see whatever story comes out of this

?

Update: on the front there is a word kaya? If anyone understands what it is please write here. Raul

?

Another update: I think the name or word on the reverse is Karadashk? But im bot 100% sure. Raul

?

Another update: On the front the word is kara not kaua, so the name on the back starts with kara, and ends with ashk. If anyone knows what this means i might give a prize. Raul

?

Last update: The surname of the owner was probably karadashkin, not karadashk. Raul

Default Grechnevaya kasha

It's just a hunch, but could there be something like "гречневая каша" written on the spoon?
    Гречневая каша (grechnevaya kasha) is Russian for Buckwheat porridge. Better known as Kasha.
    Kasha is widely eaten in Russia. In the books and reports I have read about the Red Army during WWII, the Kasha is mentioned regularly. The Soviet soldiers would also have received the Kasha for breakfast.
    Maybe a soldier put these words on the spoon as a joke. Another type of porridge could also be indicated.

By the way, is the aluminum spoon a standard Red Army distribution? The aluminum type produced at Krasniy Vyborzhets?

?

Hello, I’m 99% sure that it is karadashkin, because on the front there is kara written. The spoon is krasnij vyborzhets, but the logo has been sanded down by the og owner. Raul

Default Trench engraved spoon

As I wrote, it's just a hunch. It will be a name written on the spoon.
    I have seen more Soviet-Russian personalized cutlery, but usually they have initials.