Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

BDM Untergaufuhrerin summer uniform patch (Who is a believer?)

Article about: I picked this up years ago and posted it on a couple of forums and got a fairly even split decision. Some believed others did not. I just wonder if this situation has changed. It seems to be

?

Default BDM Untergaufuhrerin summer uniform patch (Who is a believer?)

I picked this up years ago and posted it on a couple of forums and got a fairly even split decision. Some believed others did not. I just wonder if this situation has changed. It seems to be very well made of high quality construction and material. Does not glow under black light, even though I know that is no longer considered a good test, back then I did and it passed. All the thread, even the metal threads core, burns to ash, no synthetics at all.

So, are people still split on this patch or has there been a consensus one way or the other?

Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture BDM Untergaufuhrerin summer uniform patch (Who is a believer?)   BDM Untergaufuhrerin summer uniform patch (Who is a believer?)  

Attached Images Attached Images BDM Untergaufuhrerin summer uniform patch (Who is a believer?) 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BDM Untergaufuhrerin summer uniform patch (Who is a believer?)
    P
    Many

I don't know if there is a consensus on this patch by everyone, but for me it's just too far away from the many examples I've seen that I like in construction, materials, shape and details of the bird, etc. Not one I would have any level of comfort with personally.
    Last edited by FrankBooth; 02-14-2014 at 02:55 AM.

?

Thanks for the input Frank. As I recall most who didn't like it felt that only the hand embroidered types to be original. The quality of this bevo patch is far above most other repro's I've seen. This may be why it is so hard to discount it, but no period evidence of it's existence may always rule it out. I'm really not too concerned one way or the other as I have no money in it. I have always been curious and not knowing for sure has always added to that curiosity. Hopefully others may share their opinions.

Jim

At first sight i didnt like it,but the more i look at it,it seems well constructed..i think feel would be a good test..ill stay in the undecided camp, it doesnt look like some of the copies ive seen
    these are listed at the moment,sorry i couldnt get better pics..i know its not the same but just as a comparison
    BDM Untergaufuhrerin summer uniform patch (Who is a believer?)BDM Untergaufuhrerin summer uniform patch (Who is a believer?)

?

Quote by bboywizard View Post
    At first sight i didnt like it,but the more i look at it,it seems well constructed..i think feel would be a good test..ill stay in the undecided camp, it doesnt look like some of the copies ive seen
    these are listed at the moment,sorry i couldnt get better pics..i know its not the same but just as a comparison
    BDM Untergaufuhrerin summer uniform patch (Who is a believer?)BDM Untergaufuhrerin summer uniform patch (Who is a believer?)
    Actually, the one you posted is exactly the same one I have.

Jim

these are fakes, evidence? HJ-Research! caught many that repro insignia has!

HJ-Collector would know

?

Quote by HJ-Collector View Post
    these are fakes, evidence? HJ-Research! caught many that repro insignia has!
    I can understand how someone could be taken in by it. In hand the quality of construction is far above any other repro cloth I have ever examined. The one thing that always bothered me is that this was the only rank in this style of patch I was able to find. If this were a period produced item, why are there some many of these available and none in any other rank.

Thanks for the input!

Jim P

all good points Jim, i think these were reproduced by the same hand that does the fake bevo standard bearers insignia, nskk/hj etc