Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Belt Buckle Need help

Article about: Hey guys my brother asked me to post this belt buckle to see if it is real or a repro. It's cast then Stamped with the RZM and code M/4/27. I have seen these with the RZM and maker cast into

Looks like a good one to me. M4/27 indicates it is manufactured by Overhoff.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Belt Buckle Need help
    P
    Many

Quote by warbuff View Post
    Looks like a good one to me. M4/27 indicates it is manufactured by Overhoff.
    yeah my book of codes says it's Overhoff&Co.., Ludenscheid. last one I saw for sale like this the stamp was raised, not stamped into the metal.

you will typically see raised maker marks on cast aluminum buckles, however this stamp is correct for this steel buckle.

Quote by warbuff View Post
    you will typically see raised maker marks on cast aluminum buckles, however this stamp is correct for this steel buckle.
    Would this be an early one then? Or were both cast aluminum and steel issued together at the same time. Given lack of materials at times I wouldn't think so.

I am by no means an expert on buckles but I believe that yours is an earlier example. I may be wrong.

?

SimonSorenKam, you must remember that the some companies used different manufacturing materials and production methods over the years like stamped, injection molded, aluminum and steel to name a few.. Most call these variants, Welcome to the Forum.. Foto credit Meyle77 and another..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Belt Buckle Need help   Belt Buckle Need help  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Very nice and original buckle by Overhoff & Cie
    Ben