Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

feuerwehr hitlerjugend helmet

Article about: Hello, half a year a go I bought this helmet from a friend of a good friend. Before my purchase I did a little research, including this forum. Especially the chinstrap was worrying me, until

Default feuerwehr hitlerjugend helmet

Hello,
    half a year a go I bought this helmet from a friend of a good friend. Before my purchase I did a little research, including this forum. Especially the chinstrap was worrying me, untill I read that this kind of closure of the chinstrap was already licensed in 1926. Some doubts about the tricolor, but I decided to buy it. So now that I registered to this forum recently, I would like to use your collective wissdom to know your opinion.....No manufacturer found in the helmet. Thanks in advance !
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture feuerwehr hitlerjugend helmet   feuerwehr hitlerjugend helmet  

feuerwehr hitlerjugend helmet   feuerwehr hitlerjugend helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement feuerwehr hitlerjugend helmet
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Probably a helmet decal none of us have ever seen in person.

There are a few threads on this forum but the only photos I've seen are period photos or old B&W photos from old books.

That said, I do have concerns as graphically your HJ decal does not match up with what is presented as original in what appears to be the book: "Defending the Reich" by David Littlejohn

Evidence of HJ decal use?

another fake HJ helmet ?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well, during my research I have seen a few HJ decals, and I must admit that I don't know which one is the 'real' one. If there is a 'real' one, because I understood that the HJ decal was not an official decal on helmets...

Correct me if I am wrong, because I am the last one to doubt on what most people with much more years of experience have to say...

MAP
    ?

We know they existed based on the period photos. See post 16 in my 2nd link above.

But I have never seen a surviving example. Maybe others here have.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Yes, I saw this picture before. Mine is lacking the white outer line of the figure within the shield.

I mailed a question to a seller of reproduction decals (according to him an accurate reproduction) thats sells a decal for hitler jugend helmets exactly like mine.....(I hope if the decal is a fake reproduction, the one that 'faked' the helmet did not buy it to him...)
    i asked him on what information he based the idea that this was an exact reproduction of a HJ decal. He mentioned a book written by Angolia.
    Anyone has this book in his posession and what does it say about decals on German helmets ? Thanks in advance !