Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der HJ: Period manufacture or not?

Article about: Good day everyone! Here I have two Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der HJ. The one on the left was purchased at an estate sale of a veteran back in 2017(see last photo) and the one on the right was pu

Default Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der HJ: Period manufacture or not?

Good day everyone!
    Here I have two Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der HJ. The one on the left was purchased at an estate sale of a veteran back in 2017(see last photo) and the one on the right was purchased last week along with a Goldenes Parteiabzeichen(see this thread: Goldenes parteiabzeichen: Third Reich Era or not?) of which I have a grace period to close this sale. I need confirmation from the experts on both Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der HJ if they are authentic or not. Also, from what I have learned the 'A' marked badges are presentation awards and the 'B' marked badges are replacements. But, what about the badges that have neither the 'A' or 'B' mark such as the one on the left? Does this make the badge on the left a post war manufactured badge or what? Thank you all for your expertise and opinions! Sincerely...AlexGoldenes Ehrenzeichen der HJ: Period manufacture or not?Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der HJ: Period manufacture or not?Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der HJ: Period manufacture or not?Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der HJ: Period manufacture or not?Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der HJ: Period manufacture or not?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Goldenes Ehrenzeichen der HJ: Period manufacture or not?
    P
    Many

Hello,
    Does Anyone out there have an opinion on the authenticity of either or both of these badges or an answer for the question on the 'A', 'B' or non marked badges such as the one on the left of the photos? All comments are welcome.
    Thank you....Alex

Both authentic badges. The A denoted replacement for a time but was replaced by a simple B when the replacement badges were delivered without the serial number. Source: HJ-research.com. See this link for lots of information on the honour badges:

HJ Honour badges | The Hitler Youth Militaria and Research Forum

Quote by Tinnieman View Post
    Both authentic badges. The A denoted replacement for a time but was replaced by a simple B when the replacement badges were delivered without the serial number. Source: HJ-research.com. See this link for lots of information on the honour badges:

HJ Honour badges | The Hitler Youth Militaria and Research Forum
    Thank you Tinnieman for this information and the links. I will get busy on those very soon.

So, does that mean the one on the left(top two photos) is a presentation piece since there is NO 'A' or 'B' letters on the backside?

Top left is an initial issue badge. The other is a replacement badge. The A and the serial number on replacement badges was dropped at some point (can't remember exactly when but the date is over on hj-research.com) and after that all replacement badges just came with a "B".