Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hitler Youth armband authentication.

Article about: Hi there, COuld you please help me regarding this armband? is this original? I saw it in a hungarian marketplace. Thank you in advance!

Default Hitler Youth armband authentication.

Hi there,

COuld you please help me regarding this armband? is this original?
    I saw it in a hungarian marketplace.

Thank you in advance!

Hitler Youth armband authentication.Hitler Youth armband authentication.Hitler Youth armband authentication.Hitler Youth armband authentication.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth armband authentication.
    P
    Many

I am not a friend of those printed Armbands.

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    I am not a friend of those printed Armbands.

so you think its original, or hard to say its original or fake?

I would say as well as Sammlers thought that this Armband is questionable ..meaning the print and the backing is something I never seen before and I would wait for further comments.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Not something I have seen before. I cannot say good or bad. Just have never seen.
    John

Printed HJ armbands are very controversial but they did exist and are rare to find printed.

This one is not an original as the printed HJ armbands would have a mirror image of the swastika on the inside and not a blank or white background.

Here is a thread about the printed versions:

Hitler Jugend Armband - Real or Fake?

I would not want this example in my collection, knowing what to look for in original printed versions.

Smitty

Thank you for all

Zsilie,

I didn't have the chance to reference my source regarding printed armbands, but in Volume's 1 and 2 of John Angolia's books on the Hitler Youth and David Littlejohn's Book on the Hiter Youth it discusses that Printed Armbands were not officially authorized but many "in house" made examples of printed HJ armbands did exist. They were never officially authorized, so this makes it more challenging to authenticate printed examples.

With this being said, I would still be very cautious about pursuing a printed example unless you have some very solid provenance and proof. The multipiece authorized HJ armbands are still in great abundance and are still relatively inexpensive if you are looking for a period (Pre-May 1945) authentic HJ armband.

Here is a link to the books mentioned in our reference library section.

Non-Combat Uniforms and related insignia of the Third Reich

best regards

Smitty