Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hitler Youth armband with repurposed material

Article about: Hello members, I would like any information I can get on this armband. I’ve been told it’s pre RZM, pre 1935 by a fellow armband collector whose main focus is Hitler Youth. It’s the fi

?

Thanks for your input. That’s why I brought this band to this forum. Solid , knowledgeable input.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Hitler Youth armband with repurposed material
    P
    Many

I would agree with Smitty, that this is more than likely later period, not pre RZM period, when resources were stretched, people would have used allsorts, this looks like a good example.
    Paul

This is the type of item when field expedience and modifications would have been accepted, but by this late in the war there would not be scrutiny or RZM code/standard checks. I still have to say that this is a late (very late) war period modified item.

It would really be a great reference book to see some of the field modified and late war modified items that were pressed into service..

I know that after the war German helmets were made into cooking pots/colanders/strainers.. So a book along those lines would be interesting to see.. If only my wife's family would have saved their helmet cooking pots and BDM uniforms...

This is a great armband

Smitty

?

Thank you Sir. I’m glad you like it. I really like the uniqueness myself.

?

I think I’ve found the source for the inner band. I was thinking a flag, but after trying to find the correct ink pattern, it’s a pennant. I believe the material was cut from a sheet of printed pennants. The color pattern and dimensions fit perfectly.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth armband with repurposed material   Hitler Youth armband with repurposed material  

?

And, perhaps, the source of the Hakenkreutz too!
    The whole thing could have been made from pennants, by the looks of it..
    Very nice, indeed, and most inventive!
    Rob

?

Here is a comment made by one of the biggest armband collectors in the USA. The comment came from a Facebook post about this armband. Interestingly, he is of the opinion of the other armband collector that first told me the band was a early piece. I didn’t feel comfortable leaving his name without his permission. I appreciate everyone who left their input on this band. Thank you all.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hitler Youth armband with repurposed material  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2