Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

HJ Badges

Article about: I'm about to close a deal, pending some better pics of these badges for \\$65 each. I'll post the better photos when I have them. They're on hold for me at the moment though. Does this seem an

Default HJ Badges

I'm about to close a deal, pending some better pics of these badges for $65 each.

I'll post the better photos when I have them. They're on hold for me at the moment though.

Does this seem an okay deal if they're original? Thanks!

As good of photos as I could get. At least they're bigger if you click on them.

HJ Badges

HJ Badges
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Badges  
    Last edited by avenger; 07-10-2014 at 05:25 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ Badges
    P
    Many

?

I suspect you'll find that these are fakes, as $65 is far less than the value of real pieces. The Reichssieger badges are valued in the thousands, I believe.

Wow. Well, I'll be posting photos here for sure. The guy said (and it's here say of course) that his wife got this stuff from her great grandfather, and doesn't want nazi items in their house. He tried to ebay them, but the auctions got canceled. He was told they're worth a lot, but doesn't have time to deal with them because he works a lot. I asked him about the "hitler youth medals" and he didn't know what hitler youth was. We'll see. I trust you guys to appraise them when the other photos come in. He has a number of other things form olympic pins to some sort of zeppelin pins. I have no idea what those are worth either.

?

Quote by avenger View Post
    Wow. Well, I'll be posting photos here for sure. The guy said (and it's here say of course) that his wife got this stuff from her great grandfather, and doesn't want nazi items in their house. He tried to ebay them, but the auctions got canceled. He was told they're worth a lot, but doesn't have time to deal with them because he works a lot. I asked him about the "hitler youth medals" and he didn't know what hitler youth was. We'll see. I trust you guys to appraise them when the other photos come in.
    Well, I don't know anything about how to tell real from fake with these badges, so the others will have to help with that. But make sure you pay with Paypal or some other method which will make it possible to get a refund if they do turn out to be bad. Everyone selling fakes has a story like that, and prices that are far lower than an item's value are always a huge red flag (especially when the seller knows what they are), so tread with caution if you intend to buy them before examination.

- - ------- - -

Do you have photos of the Olympic and Zeppelin pins?

Will do Erno. Thanks. He had no clue what I was talking about. They're the white "medals" with eagles and diamonds to him. I don't see me paying for them until you all have okayed them. Paypal is the payment method.

Okay, studying these against others. I'm starting to think they may in fact be fakes. I "think" one of the giveaway's is how the diamond extends to the bottom of the DAF gear. On originals, it seems to pretty much extend to the bottom of the gear, with just the tip going past. The fakes I saw extend past the gear. Here's a larger version of the image (though still bad), that seems to indicate the diamonds extend past the gear bottom. The 1944 is particularly bad.

Did they ever extend that far, or is this another classic "too good to be true"?

HJ Badges

And, it doesn't look like there should be any gaps between gear teeth to the left or right of the lowest point on the diamond. The 1939 clearly shows gapage, and has an odd swastika. The 38 is the closest one, but seems too long in the diamond too. All seem possibly too white.

I'll look at the better images. But, I have a feeling these are some iOffer quality badges.

Thinking these are reproductions. Am I right?

?

Looking at the rear They look to have been artificially aged also. The date numbers and lettering are too thin aswell , i would say all 4 are repros in my opinion , i would walk away if it were me.

I have done so (walked away). Thanks folks.

they are garbage sorry, Ernos correct a Reichs alone brings thousands!

check the quality difference on originals

E2A the was no 42 badge and the 44 badge is in zinc
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture HJ Badges   HJ Badges  

HJ Badges   HJ Badges  

HJ Badges   HJ Badges  

HJ Badges   HJ Badges  

HJ Badges   HJ Badges