Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

HJ summer shorts, black corduroy

Article about: Hello friends, So I quite like the look of these HJ shorts to complete my summer uniform ensemble, but would be grateful for others' opinions on them. I think overall it looks and feels righ

?

Default HJ summer shorts, black corduroy

Hello friends,

So I quite like the look of these HJ shorts to complete my summer uniform ensemble, but would be grateful for others' opinions on them.

I think overall it looks and feels right - good quality construction, a mix of HJ/DJ and swastika buttons (these resemble the 'cog-wheel' buttons on a pair of Allgemeine-SS breeches I have, thought with an added swastika to the center), a few buttons replaced, button-holes tightened up due to wear, a repair in the back of one leg - they have what I think is a great, lived in patina that tells a story. The material is a fine black corduroy - I could not find it on the page of sample RZM material swatches I found on another thread here, which lists a brown cotton as standard for HJ 'sommer dienst-hose' (last photo attached - it most resembles the black HJ winter dienst-hose material), but I believe there's a lot of variation in HJ uniforms, so I'm not too worried.

Another thing that caught my eye is the very strong blue tint to the back of the steel adjustment side buckles - a product of heat-treatment, I assume?

Thanks for looking!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement HJ summer shorts, black corduroy
    P
    Many

The pants look good to me. However, these 'cog-wheel' buttons do not belong to this trousers and have no place on SS Breeches either. Rather, they belong to the "DAF Festanzug".
    Attached Images Attached Images HJ summer shorts, black corduroy 

?

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    The pants look good to me. However, these 'cog-wheel' buttons do not belong to this trousers and have no place on SS Breeches either. Rather, they belong to the "DAF Festanzug".
    Interesting that they've shown up on HJ shorts and SS breeches thus far... Perhaps a large surplus of them was used to restore such articles that had missing buttons. You can see them in the second photo here, albeit in a different style, minus central swastika:

SS man's breeches, marked 'VA 1938'

Quote by Fiore View Post
    Interesting that they've shown up on HJ shorts and SS breeches thus far... Perhaps a large surplus of them was used to restore such articles that had missing buttons. You can see them in the second photo here, albeit in a different style, minus central swastika:

SS man's breeches, marked 'VA 1938'
    That is possible. You can still often find these buttons today, sometimes even sewn onto the original cardboard, in unworn condition. I own several of these myself. Incidentally, the version without a swastika was mostly used for the trousers of the Festanzug.