Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

I need help to choose right golden HJ badge.

Article about: Hello, I have opportunity to buy one of two golden HJ badges. But I am not sure about both of them and I would really appriciate quick help and response. One is more pristine, but I am not s

Exclamation I need help to choose right golden HJ badge.

Hello,

I have opportunity to buy one of two golden HJ badges. But I am not sure about both of them and I would really appriciate quick help and response.

One is more pristine, but I am not sure about that one, because there is no letter "A" or "B". I assumed it could be original, but the reciever had no replacing badge, so there is only serial number and not the letter "B" or "A". But I like it more to the condition.

The other looks much more original, but the bacj mount is little bit confusing, if it si good or fake. The front would suggest it was heavely worn, but the sides of the golden rim are kinda brushed. There is no sharp corners as the other one and like on others I tried to look at.

Every opinion and suggestion is really welcome.

Thank you,
    Jacob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I need help to choose right golden HJ badge.
    P
    Many

IMO the first one looks somehow weird. The needle looks uncommon and too new. Just not like an period piece. The second one looks good to me, but I'm not 100 percent sure.

Regards

I'm with Sammler here. Needle on the first badge looks to be same what used on American medals:

-TJ-

Quote by Finngaill View Post
    I'm with Sammler here. Needle on the first badge looks to be same what used on American medals:

This Form of Needles you can also find on Medals of the FRG and GDR, for Example. Either way, post War IMO.

Thank you for your opinions. I did some digging and it seems that the first one should be genuine. It is just new post 1939 pin. I found some similar looking M1/120 models. So they are all fakes or not. Eitherway I got the first one, hopefully it was not a bad decision. I just liked it more.

Both are genuine badges. See here for info on the catch on the M1/120 Deumer badge:

"A pin safety catch was made compulsory by order in 1939 as a reaction to the amount of badges which were being lost. The 1936 RZM price catalogue shows that at that time there were two versions of the badge: one with and one without a safety catch. The 1939 regulation I mention above says 'due to the continuing losses of honour badges I feel compelled to provide for the attachment of a safety device to the badge'. The regulation then gives prices for the A and B badges with this new 'patented catch mechanism'. This would appear to show that an improved version of the safety mechanism was introduced for 1939 and this is the barrel catch type"

Link to post: Potsdam, Arbeiterjugend, HJ honour badge | The Hitler Youth Militaria and Research Forum

The second badge is much older than the first. It was made in 1935/6 by RZM 15 Hoffstätter who at the time was the sole manufacturer of these badges. Loads more informatiuon on these badges over on the HJ research forum: HJ Honour badges | The Hitler Youth Militaria and Research Forum