Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Interested in this unusual armband

Article about: Your opinion is valued and appreciated. Very much interested in the history of this style/design without the white middle band. Thank you. -Von Ritt

Default Interested in this unusual armband

Your opinion is valued and appreciated. Very much interested in the history of this style/design without the white middle band. Thank you.

-Von Ritt

Interested in this unusual armbandInterested in this unusual armbandInterested in this unusual armbandInterested in this unusual armbandInterested in this unusual armbandInterested in this unusual armband

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interested in this unusual armband
    P
    Many

Crickets

?

Perhaps many are still on summer vacation or a long extended holiday here in the States...
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

The stitching does not look good to my eyes. Does it glow? My guess is it will. Others will also opine.
    John

Quote by Rescue190 View Post
    The stitching does not look good to my eyes. Does it glow? My guess is it will. Others will also opine.
    John
    Stitching does look a bit rough hey.

I am a little skeptical about this being a period (Pre May 1945) armband.

What I believe this may be are the components of a regular NSDAP solid red armband and a HJ 2 piece swastika piece that was later sewn to the armband. The stitch work on the inside reveals the white cloth background and the black swastika were two separate pieces sewn onto the armband. I do not believe this is TR era. The blank armband may stand a chance of being TR period original, but it was never completed as an NSDAP party member armband..

A slim possible chance that this is a home made armband, but it would not be compliant with RZM codes and regulations for HJ kampfbinde manufacturing and it is missing the white stripe through the middle... possibly either very early prior to RZM stringent enforcement or the latter, a late war armband issued to HJ youngsters thrown into the front lines at the very end of war...but by that late in the war what would be the point as there were probably stockpiles of regulation HJ armbands to be had everywhere...

Stitching looks too exact, almost "computer generated"..

Just my thoughts, and I would like to see other period examples of this same type of manufacturing and stitching but since this is not a traditional HJ armband I doubt that any exist.

Best regards

Smitty

Thank you all. Did not purchase. Back to searching. Very much appreciate your time to comment and educate me.

Many thanks
    Von Ritt

Von Ritt,

Good call on vetting this first.. I would have avoided it myself..

Hang in there,, you'll find one that is period authentic..

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty
    Last edited by Rakkasan187; 07-13-2021 at 01:26 PM.