Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking for Source of this photo

Article about: Hello everybody, hope you're doing good, can somebody tell me: Where does this photo come from (which book)? What does "DJ cap" refer to? Thank you!!

Default Looking for Source of this photo

Hello everybody, hope you're doing good,

can somebody tell me: Where does this photo come from (which book)?

Looking for Source of this photo

What does "DJ cap" refer to?

Thank you!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Looking for Source of this photo
    P
    Many

At a guess from the typeface I'd say it was from one of the Bender publications of the 1970's/80's.

DJ stands for Deutsche Jungvolk, the precursor to the Hitler Youth.

Thank you BlackCat1982. That makes sense.

Probably Angolia's THE HJ?

It could be, I've got a few of the Bender books but not the HJ one.

I will look when I get a free second..

I have several HJ Books

Smitty

Thank you Smitty, very helpful to me

Hussar,

This is in Jack Angolia's book "THE HJ" Volume 1, page 117.

Smitty

Here are images of the front covers of Volume 1 and 2 and the link to the forum reference library for the ISBN information on these books:

Non-Combat Uniforms and related insignia of the Third Reich

Best regards

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for Source of this photo   Looking for Source of this photo  

Smitty, this is so great!
    Thank you so much!

I was wondering about the death's head on the dj cap. is someone informed about this?

I'm going off pure speculation here with no factual information from any reference books that I have .. But the chinless skull cap badge may have been for a district group exclusively and not for everyone. Similar to the edelweiss cap badge which identified units in Bavaria. I have looked in some of my HJ books and from what I can gather the only "authorized" other cap insignia was the edelweiss.

Interestingly on a similar note, I have a Hitler Youth Sports Jersey with the standard HJ Diamond in the center but also embroidered on the shirt is the logo for the IG Farben Industry. I have not been able to find another example but my Mother in Law and her sister grew up in Ludwigshafen, Germany during the war and the IG Farben factory was not too far from where they lived. The logical explanation is that the IG Farben Industry sponsored the local HJ/BDM contingent in the area and the logo was sewn to the HJ shirt for use in competitions with other HJ groups in the region. Again no factual information about this theory and sadly my Mother-in-law's memory is not that good any more, so I am still researching this HJ sports shirt.

I have added images of the HJ Shirt (Just for information) Don't want to get off topic here...

This is an interesting observation and I am intrigued to do more searching..

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Looking for Source of this photo   Looking for Source of this photo  

CBH
    ?

Possibly a Danzig HJ unit as the Brunswick skull was associated with the city.
    That’s a great HJ shirt, thanks for sharing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast