Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original Hj M34 helmet?

Article about: HI, I was offered this M34 Hj helmet for 500 euros (which seems a tat too much for a civilian helmet). I found some online, but are these actually real? Id think the helmet would be too big

Default Original Hj M34 helmet?

HI, I was offered this M34 Hj helmet for 500 euros (which seems a tat too much for a civilian helmet). I found some online, but are these actually real? Id think the helmet would be too big for a child/teenager. The liner and the chinstrap I know are not original and the party decal seems off, but the shell seems alright. Any opinions on the helmet and the decals would be greatly appreciated. Stay healthy.

Original Hj M34 helmet?

Original Hj M34 helmet?

Original Hj M34 helmet?

Original Hj M34 helmet?

Original Hj M34 helmet?

Original Hj M34 helmet?

Original Hj M34 helmet?

Original Hj M34 helmet?

Original Hj M34 helmet?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Hj M34 helmet?
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

This is one of those rare decals that very few will be comfortable providing an opinion on because most of us have never seen one.

Here is a nice thread on them, proving they existed but with no clear photos to compare to.

Evidence of HJ decal use?

Here is another thread with a fake example

M35 HJ Helmet?

And another thread (the search function here is really good gents! )

another fake HJ helmet ?

I don't think I'm going to far out on a limb here however, but graphically the decal is very poorly aligned and with weak coloring which gives me serious pause. I have yet to see an original taken with modern photos. Add to that the fake (to me) party shield. But looking forward to hearing from others as this is beyond my expertise.

The helmet otherwise looks fine. This type of decal was used on these lightweight helmets. The name in the liner however doesn't look german. Maybe a post war re-issue by another country?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi,

I no expert on helmets, but the HJ wore only this type of helmet for fire fighting or as a Flak helper wore the normal issue helmet with either Luft decals or no decals. There was no helmet decal for the HJ, so these decals must have been added after the war and are fake.

Best regards.....Ewan