Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

"Rare" Hitler Jugend Flag? Ahem, shirt....

Article about: In appreciation of you blokes helping me with my ss tab question, I thought I'd post this pic of this "Super Rare" Hitler Youth Flag. My grandfather, who was in the 44th Armored In

Default "Rare" Hitler Jugend Flag? Ahem, shirt....

In appreciation of you blokes helping me with my ss tab question, I thought I'd post this pic of this "Super Rare" Hitler Youth Flag. My grandfather, who was in the 44th Armored Inf attached to the 6th Armored, brought this shirt home from the war and gave it to me when I was 7. Much to my mother's horror, I wanted to wear it to school. Anyways, the story goes my grandfather had it pulled down, since the little kiddies were flying it as a flag at their schoolhouse. Although I've seen plenty of tank top style sport shirts, this is the only I've ever seen as a t-shirt. The band appears to be machine sewn to the shirt with white thread, with some hand sewing to the sides with red thread. Enjoy!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Rare" Hitler Jugend Flag? Ahem, shirt....   "Rare" Hitler Jugend Flag? Ahem, shirt....  

"Rare" Hitler Jugend Flag? Ahem, shirt....  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Rare" Hitler Jugend Flag? Ahem, shirt....
    P
    Many

Default Re: "Rare" Hitler Jugend Flag? Ahem, shirt....

First time I have seen one like this too. Thanks for sharing it and welcome to the forum!

Cheers, Ade.

Unusual. I too have never seen one of these. You never know what you can find.

Love it! I never considered that it might be a BDM shirt. Much appreciated.

?

Rick great shirt. Gary

The stly of shirt certainly fits to being from a female as the males versions are vest's. Yours is this case is possibly BDM... here is that image:
    Cheers
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture "Rare" Hitler Jugend Flag? Ahem, shirt....  

Once upon a time, there was a reply to this thread from a chap who showed a small poster of two youths, a boy in a vest type shirt or "tank top" we say here in the states, and a girl in t-shirt style. I think, for some reason, the administrators deleted all this guys postings. Which IMO is a damn shame. He seemed one of the good ones. So, yes I believe this is a BDM. As kids, we imagined my Grandfather storming some "kraut" machine gun nest, and then mopping his brow with this shirt he found. Fun stuff. cheers, rick

?

that is a period table, and the boy and the girl are wearing the first pattern of tank top. They wear the same style of shirt. On the book Youth led by Youth there is also the 2nd pattern for boys and girls and it is still a tank top. I've never seen a t-shirt before.