Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Reichs Sieger Badge 1944

Article about: Posting for opinions and comments. I have this 1944 Reichs Sieger badge. My question is opinions on Originality, Value, and Rarity. For some reason I had the idea in my head that this badge

?

Default Reichs Sieger Badge 1944

Posting for opinions and comments. I have this 1944 Reichs Sieger badge. My question is opinions on Originality, Value, and Rarity. For some reason I had the idea in my head that
    this badge was discontinued in 1940 when the National Competition was halted due to the intensity of the War, after doing a little superficial research I discovered that this is not true?

The badge I have is enclosed in an original box with the wrapping paper, but I don't think this is a Presentation box but rather a shipping container or something of that nature. The badge is silver on the Wreath, but, if I remember correctly, all the Reich Level Badges from this award were Gold finished.

The very base of the pin, on the inside has the maker designation of "L\12" which is C. E. Juncker. Can anyone of you think of a reason this maker mark would be on the pin of a badge marked as "G. Bremmer"? Were the Two Manufacturers related in some way? (Photo attached)

Please take a look at the attached Photos and let me know your thoughts, Any and All comments or suggestion are welcome and appreciated!

SAMann

Reichs Sieger Badge 1944Reichs Sieger Badge 1944

Reichs Sieger Badge 1944Reichs Sieger Badge 1944

Reichs Sieger Badge 1944
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichs Sieger Badge 1944  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichs Sieger Badge 1944
    P
    Many

Sorry, but this one is a total Fake. Not even a good one. Weak Details and it's silver colored. Reichssieger Badge is gold colored.

?

Sammler, I appreciate your input. It appears that you are quite knowledgeable about these badges, can you please answer me the question about when these were discontinued. I have thought for quite some time that ANY of these were Fake that were made after sometime in 1940, Is this correct?

I have moved your thread to the correct section of the forum.

Unfortunately, the previous poster is correct, this example is a cast fake. The LDO number of L/12 does not apply to Brehmer, but would be for C.E. Juncker.
    The construction is poor, and the details are incorrect. You can compare with an original 1938 version for the details of the eagle.
    1938 Gausieger, Gustav Brehmer, Markneukirchen.

As far as comparing with an original 1944 version, I do not own one, but you can view an example here.
    Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Here is another thread for you to review regarding construction.
    Gausieger 1944
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by SAMann View Post
    Sammler, I appreciate your input. It appears that you are quite knowledgeable about these badges, can you please answer me the question about when these were discontinued. I have thought for quite some time that ANY of these were Fake that were made after sometime in 1940, Is this correct?
    No, this isn't correct at all! There are real Badges from 1944. Here you can find some informations about the 'Reichsberufswettkampf' for what these Badges were awarded:

Reichsberufswettkampf - Wikipedia

?

Many Thanks guys. I am sorry if I gave the impression that I thought this particular example was Original. I did not, I mainly was trying tom see if ANY of the Seiger Badges dated 1944 were original. Somehow, I had gotten it in my head that these were removed from production sometime in 1940. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Thanks Again, SAMann