Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Unkown Armband Help please

Article about: Another unknown one that several people have tried searching for information. (Thank You) I am thinking this is HJ or BDM related but could be wrong. This came in the same grouping as the ot

Default Unkown Armband Help please

Another unknown one that several people have tried searching for information. (Thank You) I am thinking this is HJ or BDM related but could be wrong. This came in the same grouping as the others I posted along with several other HJ and BDM items. I am ill equipped to understand the script. I am hopeful that there is more information on this armband.
    John

Unkown Armband Help pleaseUnkown Armband Help pleaseUnkown Armband Help please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Unkown Armband Help please
    P
    Many

The script reads 'Lagerbann-Fuehrung'.

Thank you. Google Translate says 'Camp ban leadership' I am still thinking HJ or BDM related. I do not know about the training camp structure. Most of the information is in German when I search. That makes sense, but I am not able to read German.
    John

Possibly something to do with the 'Hitler Youth Camp Police' ................ older HJ boys who maintained order in HJ summer camps.

A bit like the HJ-Streifendienst and equivalent SS-Streifendienst.

Or some sort of official representing the leadership of a 'Group of Camps' ('Lager Bann').

Just a guess ............... I've never seen this one before.

The chain stitching suggests it's early ................... around 1928 - 35-ish.
    Last edited by Robin Lumsden; 10-28-2020 at 08:54 PM.

Thank you for the information. Could be interesting.

I found this link interesting and i have been trying to translate it by section.

Jugend 1918-1945 | Zeitzeuge

John

Well John..

Looks like Robin nailed the translation.. I was getting hung up on Lager.. I thought it was lagerbau...so that's a great assist from Robin..

I was thinking on the same lines as Robin that this was some sort of Barracks Chief or Hostel Chief or something along those lines as an older youth member charged with the responsibility of keeping order in the camp area, dorm rooms or what have you..

Smitty

Could this be a teacher or instructor at the Reichsführer schools, Reichsführer camps?
    John

John,

That's a possibility..

One a side note.. When I was in the service I had the chance to go to a former NSDAP school in Vogelsang. There were plenty of remnants of the Third Reich around the grounds there.. I know of a VOGELSANG cuff title that I would like to get someday, just as a reminder of my time at that location..

Will continue to search and now look in the direction of possibly an Instructor of some sort..

Smitty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Unkown Armband Help please  

Thank you Smitty. Great photo!
    John