Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

1957 german award owners

Article about: Hi I am new this this fourm and I would to share with you in collecting the 1957 issue medals. I have about 98 % of all the the 1957 issue medals. Also I wrote a book on the 1957 medels. All

Default Re: 1957 german award owners

Karl Wolf....................
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 german award owners  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1957 german award owners
    P
    Many

Stuka pilot, Gerhard won the DKiG, during the seige of Cherkassy...........
    Attached Images Attached Images 1957 german award owners 

?

What a Great Thread....Thanks Guys

?

Quote by oradour View Post
    A group shot of Knights Cross holders from A 50 year commerative OdR (Ordensgemeinschaft der Ritterkreuzträger des Eisernen Kreuzes e.V. The Association of Knight's Cross Recipients) veteran meeting......click on photo to enlarge. For more information on the RK see here Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Prost ! Steve.
    I was present at this meeting as it was on this occasion that i received my OdR Stickpin from the Vorsitzender and ex Stalingrad veteran Dr Gerhard Gutmacher !!

Unfortunately Dr Gutmacher and many freinds shown on this photo are no longer with us !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

It must be an overwhelming sensation to be in the same room with these Vets.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Fascinating thread. I am glad that the West German Govt made accommodation for these vets to wear their medals with pride and acknowledge their experiences and achievements. It would have been only too easy to sweep it all under the rug with the introduction of new orders and decorations.

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    It was Larry , i have attended quite a few OdR meetings although not for some time as the numbers of RKT's who attend now is very small and as i say many have now joined the Grosse Armee . This meeting attracted much publicity as it was the 50th and was heavily covered by the German media and the usual concoction of Rent a mob demonsrators , as we moved from the Hotel to the meeting Hall we had a funny episode when former Das Reich Pionier RKT Siegfried Brosow had a little word with some of the demonstrators !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

1957 german award owners1957 german award owners

A couple of photos from meetings showing 57 pattern awards.

Left is my great friend Georg Bose with Gerhard Gutmacher and right is PanzerKnacker Hinrich Ahrens !!

1st July 1916

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Ditto ! Thanks for those extra photos Paul......Great stuff !
    Prost ! Steve.

Great photograph of Herbert-Otto Gille being presented with his "new" (57er version) Ritterkreuz mit Eichenlaub, Schwertern und Brillanten (with oak leaves,swords & diamonds), during a special ceremony of the OdR, November 1958. See here for more information on this former Waffen SS Obergruppenfuhrer, Herbert Otto Gille - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 german award owners  

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast