Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

1957 Ritterkreuz real or fake

Article about: Hi everybody. I am thinking of buying this 1957 RK and need some help regarding authenticity. The pictures are terrible and don't expand, but if there are any glaring errors with it, somebod

Default 1957 Ritterkreuz real or fake

Hi everybody. I am thinking of buying this 1957 RK and need some help regarding authenticity. The pictures are terrible, but if there are any glaring errors with it, somebody might be able to point them out. many thanks in advance.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 Ritterkreuz real or fake   1957 Ritterkreuz real or fake  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1957 Ritterkreuz real or fake
    P
    Many

Can't really tell much from those pictures. You should ask for better images - especially of the edges - to ascertain whether it is of three part construction. The core looks to be of the second pattern with the acorns touching the oakleaves - although the frame looks silvered rather than frosted - as done circa 1980's. There should also be a hint of detailing on the acorns.

EDIT... I think I need to clarify... it is the FROSTED frames that were 1980's.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Last edited by HARRY THE MOLE; 12-08-2022 at 09:56 PM. Reason: clarification

MAP
    ?

Steve is 100% correct. Much better and more photos are needed. True 57's aren't cheap these days. Used to be you could find a cheap one to take a gamble on, but not anymore.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the input gentlemen, it had already been sold by the time I got back to the site to ask for more pictures. At £225 it was either a bargain, or fake.