Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

BGS Thread

Article about: hi guys i don't know if this is a good idea or not but i think we should make a thread devoted to the BGS. post stuff like uniform,headwear,photos,equiptment and anything else so that we can

Took a while but patches now correctly attached to BGS jacket. Really looking good with generous help from Mark in supplying the patches and insignia.
    Photo not the best, but you get the idea.

BGS Thread

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BGS Thread
    P
    Many

Quote by Anderson View Post
    Took a while but patches now correctly attached to BGS jacket. Really looking good with generous help from Mark in supplying the patches and insignia.
    Photo not the best, but you get the idea.

BGS Thread
    Nice to see it as it should be

So many of these have been butchered and a complete one in this condition is becoming more rare every day

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

This one's a keeper Mark.

?

Here is my unissued BGS jacket: it is absolutely immaculate and exhibits neither any label nor any traces or having been patched and worn.

BGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS Thread

The only visible marking is a faint 4012 where the label should have been.

I suppose this one was a leftover from the time when those jackets ceased to be worn and that it never left the factory.

I had harboured some doubts about the authenticity of the jacket but, all things considered, I cannot see why someone would go to the trouble of manufacturing such a complex item, with all those inside pockets and thingies all over its fabric.
    Last edited by Didier; 03-25-2023 at 08:37 PM.

You could well be right about it being an end of line left over. Nice to see.

?

Actually I was wrong: upon closer inspection and under an appropriate lighting, I could see the traces left by the stitching of the BGS Bundesadler on the sleeve pocket (what the Germans call an Ärmelbüro).

BGS ThreadBGS Thread

The same goes for the buttons that held the shoulder boards on the jacket:

BGS Thread

Likewise, the maker's label seems to have been removed with utmost (and most unusual!) care.

Now, the question is do you think my Wachmeister shoulder boards and their buttons are the correct type? They came with an East German shirt I bought a few years back.

BGS ThreadBGS Thread

If they are, I will use them to restore this jacket to its former glory.

?

Default Stahlhelm 35/53

BGS ThreadBGS ThreadBGS Thread

A typical BGS Stahlhelm 35/53, I suppose.

BGS Thread

A size 64 shell made by Linnemann & Schnetzer (in 1959?).

BGS ThreadBGS Thread

You can tell from the different layers of paint that this helmet has had a lengthy service life.

Which is confirmed by the fact that at least three names possibly appear on the helmet.

BGS Thread

?

BGS Thread

BGS Thread

Compared to my M35 lid, the BGS helmet seems to sport a smaller visor and to be of a more rounded shape.

BGS ThreadBGS Thread

?

Hi, I think I have patches for the arm flap of a BGS Sumpftarn parka I have but need to know if they are correct, also advice on stitching them on, the left photo shows possible zig zag stitching? with straight single stitching for arc? the middle shield seems to fit this but the far right doesnt [but the green colours look better on this one] is the arch correct and what about the shields, the parka is dated 1972, please advise, thanks, Ian

?

BGS Thread
    BGS Thread

I suppose these two are original to the uniforms they are on.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast