Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

BGS Sumpftarn jacket

Article about: Hello everyone! I'd like to share a good find i got my hands on a few days ago. This is a Bundesgrenzschuts Sumpftarn jacket i found in a local second hand clothes store for around 15 USD (2

?

Default BGS Sumpftarn jacket

Hello everyone! I'd like to share a good find i got my hands on a few days ago. This is a Bundesgrenzschuts Sumpftarn jacket i found in a local second hand clothes store for around 15 USD (27 BGN). It's in overall good shape, i just can't really get an idea about the year of production, if someone can find out anything based on the photos i'll be very thankful. All of the buttons are present, the colors are pretty good and it doesn't really seem worn out anywhere, just two small tears which i'll show. So in general what do you guys think, was it worth the money, is it actually valuable? Here are the photos and some details.
    BGS Sumpftarn jacket
    BGS Sumpftarn jacket
    BGS Sumpftarn jacket

Sadly it came without the two BGS patches
    BGS Sumpftarn jacket

And does anyone have any idea what these tiny pockets are for?
    BGS Sumpftarn jacket

It had two small tears which i got fixed, one around the right sleeve patch button and one next to one of the six little holes (three on each side) on the back (not really happy how that one turned out)
    BGS Sumpftarn jacket
    BGS Sumpftarn jacket

The inside
    BGS Sumpftarn jacket

And these mysterious numbers on the inside of both sleeves
    BGS Sumpftarn jacket

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BGS Sumpftarn jacket
    P
    Many

?

I forgot to write this, but what do you guys think, should i order some reproduction BGS patches to be made by a tailor or company and put them on the jacket where they belong?

CBH
    ?

The arm pocket is for holding pens, pencils. These are getting harder and harder to find as many where used in airsoft/paintball.
    Thats a good price these are usually are 50/75us if you can find one.
    From the tag i believe it dates from 1971.

I have one also. I think it's a very under rated jacket really. I like them. You should be able to obtain original patches, be much better to have those re-applied than repro pieces. There is a BGS thread worth checking out.

BGS Sumpftarn jacket

Quote by CBH View Post
    The arm pocket is for holding pens, pencils. These are getting harder and harder to find as many where used in airsoft/paintball.
    Thats a good price these are usually are 50/75us if you can find one.
    From the tag i believe it dates from 1971.
    Quite right and for that price this is a bargain. Prices in Europe are considerably higher.

You are fortunate because many of these had the sleeve pocket cut off when sold as surplus rather than just the patches.
    Don't try to get repro patches they will look dreadful!
    Originals are not that hard to find on Ebay.de for reasonable prices, just make sure you get the correct type for the jacket as they are different for different garments such as shirt or overcoat, tunic etc.

There is a good thread here;

BGS Thread

where you can see some excellent jackets and other gear, post #228 has a good one!

Be careful though as BGS stuff does become a bit addictive.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Anderson View Post
    I have one also. I think it's a very under rated jacket really. I like them. You should be able to obtain original patches, be much better to have those re-applied than repro pieces. There is a BGS thread worth checking out.

BGS Sumpftarn jacket
    Nice example Peter, it needs to be on a mannequin

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

?

Thanks guys, i'll give the thread a look and i'll check for some original patches online later!